Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2.0L Ecotec

ThinkRusty87
11-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Okay everyone i am finally getting around to ordering parts and am debating on what to do. My power goal is 300hp+.

Right now i have just stage 2 installed. I was thinking about going a custom setup route but knowing me i will want more power and most likley change it around eventually.

So what i was thinking was get the supporting mods out of the way: hahn racecraft cat-back exhaust, hahn racecraft or zzperformance downpipe and header, zzperformance or over the top performance cold air intake, zzp s3 heat exchanger, gm performance clutch, gm dual pass endplate, siemens 60lb injectors, option b, hp tuners tune and a 2.6" pulley.

I eventually want to port the stock m62 blower, port my head, build the motor, and spray the car as well. My other question is will i need anything else? What power level would i be at?

If anyone here thinks i should get one brand over another please put it out there explain why. I dont want to buy something now and have to replace it later on.

ThinkRusty87
11-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Bump. Anyone?

TorchedStealth
12-12-2009, 06:22 PM
ZZP and OTTP are both great vendors, and i have spent more than enough with both lol. Your plans seem right on, but I dont think i would do a 2.5" pulley. 2.6 is still pretty small and I would either stick with that or a 2.7. Do you have E85 in your area? Because 300whp is almost do able on E85 and still fairly close with meth. With my 2.7, 60's and meth setup I was probably around 275WHP and now with E85, 2.7, and 80's I should be around 290whp, and it pulls pretty nice. Feel free to ask any questions, im glad to answer

Add your comment to this topic!