Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hate to say it, but my '95 has got to go

doug7x
11-13-2009, 06:59 PM
I've got my '95 metro with front end problems..(thought the frame was shot, but now I'm not sure...pulls hard to the right after pothole, but I was able to drive it 70 mi. home..CV's never came apart), and a '96 Swift parts car with a frame that IS shot. For a complete history on my '95, search my posts on the metro forum at automotiveforums.com. I was planning on fixing the '95, but the way my back has been feeling, I just don't see myself climbing under a car in the near future. I REALLY like this car & would like to fix it, but it just aint gonna happen. I'd LIKE to get $500 for the pair. The '95 has working A/C, & the last 2 tanks were over 60 mpg. (if I remember right, it was 62.5 & 61.7 mpg..70% hwy, 30% cty...just after I installed a new timing belt) Has a decent sounding Kenwood AM/FM cassette, new timing belt, complete clutch kit appx. 40,000 ago, new rear wheel bearings & front calipers about a year before I parked it. Oil use not bad...using 5w30 syn. blend, I'd add 1/2 qt @ 2000, another 1/2 qt @ 4000, & change the oil & filter @ 5000 (documented since I owned the car) I never checked compression on this one...always ran strong & idled smooth. It WILL need a battery, & the tires are pretty bald, but they hold air. BOTH cars are white 2-dr. HB w/ grey interior...both bodys are straight....only rust is on rocker panels on both cars. All glass is good on both, also. The Swift has a good running 1.3...I only got to drive it for about 40 mi. before the frame went, but it pulled real strong...around 100,000 on the Swift....appx 190,000 on the '95. I DID pull the trans out of the Swift & put it in my '91 XFI, so the front end of the Swift is apart at the moment...If you want, I'll toss the control arms & tires back on to roll it onto the trailer. If you're a Metro guy who likes to work on them, I don't think you can go wrong with this deal...just rent a trailer big enough for two. I'm located near Coal City, Il...(appx 60 mi. SW of Chicago...20 min. from intersection of I-55 & I-80) If you want to talk, PM me w/ your phone # & when you want me to call, or I'll give you mine. I hope one of you will make a good new home for my beloved little 3-popper.....thanks..doug7x

Colt1911
12-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Understandable. After so much work sometimes your just DONE with them. Just want to mention, as a mechanic several time I have been mystified about alignment issues. In several different cars I have thought I have had bad problems, when it turned out only to be a broken belt (bubbled tire), or out of balance tire/rim. Seems that as a mechanic I often look too deep into problems that are sometimes superficial, but....

if you done, your donr, I am there with my 81 full size GMC, after thousands of dollars in parts, and thousands more in labor, I just dont want to do it anymore.

Just thought I would add a fresh perspective, as it could be really simple.

Add your comment to this topic!