Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hyundai, Struts and tranny 09

gpsman
11-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Now, lets bring you Sonata owners up to date. I recently clunkered my Mits Montero Sprt (Oh wa ta goo siam) for an 09 Sonata. in July. It was the demo and it had 7k miles. No biggie right. Wrong. I reported a knock when I hit bumps at around 20-40mph. I thought, Hmm, bad struts, or shocks. I test drove an 2010 to see if the noise was unique to my vehicle. I'll tell ya brother the noise was worse. I couldn't believe it. Hyundai says" Gee sir, that's a characteristic of the vehicle. I said yea for a 1903 Model T, Not an 09 Sonata. When one person complains, it's a characteristic, When thousands complain it's a recall. SO speak up you sonata owners.

The other problem is in the tranny. at about 23mph and slowing, the transmission clunks as if I pop the clutch to downshift. I'll let you know what they say about that one.

Any others with these or other (09) problems? let us know. if you have a fix let us know.

Thanks

lowsonoma1999
11-12-2009, 10:01 AM
I have driven several '09s and '10s as demos, and haven't noticed anything significant. They aren't the quietest, but it is 10 x better than the '06s. Tranny issue is something different. Only complaint I have about it is on the 4cyl it downshifts too much. ~65mph, slight incline on the interstate, it'll downshift. It has done it in all the 4cyl ones I've driven.

BTW: GO COLTS!!!!!

RicartParts.com
11-12-2009, 10:48 AM
DRIVE THEM ALL DAY LONG , 09's and 10's NO BUMP NOISES , IS SOMETHING LOOSE INSIDE TRUNK OR INSIDE ? UNDER SEATS ?
WHEN THE VEHICLE BUCKS , IS THE CRUISE ENGAGED ? ON A ROLL ?

Add your comment to this topic!