Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Door Lock Problem

r_2016
11-08-2009, 05:46 PM
My 01 Mountaineer drivers side door lock does not work with the key fob, all the other locks open with it execpt the drivers side. The funny thing is, when I use the power door lock switch there is no problem, I was thinking that it might be a loose ground wire, but the fact that it works with the switch kinda has me stumped. Any ideas?

shorod
11-13-2009, 06:36 AM
That is a bit of a stumper. Is this a factory keyless entry system or aftermarket? Has it ever worked while you've owned it?

There is a lot of wire between the keyless entry module and the driver's door, and at least one other person that's found a wiring issue between the two near the rear seat.

-Rod

r_2016
11-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Yes, it is a factory keyless entry, not aftermarket. It did use to work but it stopped awhile ago. Thanks

shorod
11-18-2009, 09:30 PM
I'd start by checking the wires in the multi-pin connector in the driver's door jamb. That's a common place for wires to break. I'm not sure why it would work with the switch on the door, but I'm on business travel and don't have access to the service manual wiring diagrams.

-Rod

eg182
12-18-2009, 01:01 PM
When you find out what the problem is, please post solution. I have a very similar and ongoing problem with my 99 Mountineer.
Eg182

Add your comment to this topic!