Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Couple questions about my '07 Sienna

paqman
11-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Hey, we just bought an '07 Sienna and wanted to ask a couple questions.

Dealers really bug me, this one dealer who was trying to get us to buy an '08 said that starting in '08, the LE's all came with dual power sliding doors. BS. He also said that starting in '08 is when they upgraded the engine to the new 3.5 liter and had a timing chain and all that. BS. Our 2007 has a timing chain and the new larger engine. And all '08's don't come with dual power sliding doors.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. Anyway, my question is that this van we just bought came with a Python security system built in. At least it came with the Python keyfob, and the alarm isn't just the horn honking, it's got the regular alarm sounds of a 3rd party alarm system. So my question is, did some of the Sienna's come with this from the factory? Or do you think this was installed after the fact? And any way I can figure out what model of Python security system it has so I can track down the manual?

Airjer_
11-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Its aftermarket. You can go to Pythons website and get all the info you need.

paqman
11-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Its aftermarket. You can go to Pythons website and get all the info you need.
Thanks! But how do I tell what model of system I have? The remote has a model number on it, but it looks like that's just the model for the remote. Python's site doesn't have anything about it.

Airjer_
11-08-2009, 07:41 PM
I suppose if you look under the dash you'll probably find the control box. Somewhere on there there should be a model number.

paqman
11-09-2009, 10:45 AM
I suppose if you look under the dash you'll probably find the control box. Somewhere on there there should be a model number.
Thanks, i'll do that.

paqman
11-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Well I searched, couldn't find a control box anywhere. Anyone know specifically where I might find it?

Airjer_
11-12-2009, 10:30 PM
There usually tucked up under the dash above the drivers feet.

Add your comment to this topic!