Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I have two problems. p0125

pontiac imp
11-07-2009, 08:37 PM
I have a 1998 Pontiac Firebird 3.8L.

The first problem I have is that I have a code thrown. I checked it, it's a P0125 "Insufficient Coolant Temp for Closed Loop Fuel Control." Can anyone translate that for me... :icon16: What do you think the fix is?

Also, has anyone ever changed the plugs on this model? I tried to do it the other day, the plugs are really wedged up in their and I was unable to reach them. Any tips? Is there anything I need to take off to get to them?

Any help on either problem would be greatly appreciated.

izzydjinn
11-08-2009, 02:04 AM
I looked around and it seems that the problem is one of two things, its either a faulty temperature sensor ( wire wise) or it has to do with your O2 sensor.... I know I know, I does not make sense.

classic_327
11-10-2009, 10:21 PM
yup it makes no sense, But, its true. the o2 sensors are weird in the v6. check and replace your coolant temp sensor first(cheaper) its hiding under the throttle body/air intake ductwork. now as for your plugs...hahahhahahahh...there is no easy way. well paying someone else might be. all joking aside,its not a simple job. i usualy attack mine from underneath the car.(you can also spot that coolant temp sensor from under there) time and patience are the key here.

Add your comment to this topic!