Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 PA seems to be missing

gaguirre
11-07-2009, 11:12 AM
I have a 98 PA with approx. 123K miles which sat for about 3 weekd without being used. When I started her up I noticed it was mssing upon idle and could feel it when I was driving also the service engine soon light stayed on and then started blinking and ringing. I took it to AZ for engine light check and was given a code of PO305 and was told to change the wires and plugs which I did with no changes in performance or SES light and ringing. I took it back to AZ and same code but was now changing the coil for the 2/5 plugs and still no change. Any ideas since it is the same code.

Thanks in advance

HotZ28
11-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Pull a few plugs and compare the firing, especially look at #5 to see if it looks wet!

gaguirre
11-09-2009, 11:29 AM
HotZ28,

Thanks for the info. I will take a look at that and get back

gaguirre
11-17-2009, 08:43 AM
I finally had time to take a look at the plugs and the fire seems to be the same as the other 2 on that side of the block it did not look any different as far as being wet. I think a while back actually way back I had a similar problem and it was the pcv valve. Could this cause this problem with the service engine light a miss? or maybe vacum problem and if so how do you go about checking for leaks? Thans for all he support

HotZ28
11-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Since the DTC only points to the #5 cylinder and you have replaced the plugs, wires & coil for that cylinder, that could mean the injector coil is bad, or the injector is clogged. Can you here or feel the injector firing, if not use a noid light to test firing. Before changing the injector, I would do a compression & leak down on the cylinder to test the mechanical condition of that cylinder. BTW, rodents like the taste of injector wires, so also check for frayed or broken wires!

gaguirre
12-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Hot Z thanks for all the advice all did check ok and the code still showed #5. One of the tech's at AZ told me what I should try with the car on is to tap the fuel injector #5 before replacing it to see if it had something in it, and much to my suprise after I tried this the light quit blinking and stayed on so I then disconnected the battery to reset and all is ok with not blinking light. Thanks again for all you do

HotZ28
12-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the feedback & good luck! You may have to eventually replace that injector. BTW, what side of SA do you live? I lived in Windcrest for a number of years!

gaguirre
12-04-2009, 07:33 AM
On the NE side 281 & Loop 1604. When I moved there 8 years ago traffic was not as bad as it is today and I am sure its only going to get worse since they are building a new 1000 room JW Marriott and 2 PGA courses set to open early next year. How long have you been gone from SA?

HotZ28
12-04-2009, 09:56 PM
On the NE side 281 & Loop 1604. When I moved there 8 years ago traffic was not as bad as it is today and I am sure its only going to get worse since they are building a new 1000 room JW Marriott and 2 PGA courses set to open early next year. How long have you been gone from SA?12-yrs, traffic was getting worse around your area when I left. We never had any problems around I-35 & 410. Windcrest was at the junction of 410 & I-35 (Crestway Dr.) Nice place, but too hot in the summer for me! :frown:

Add your comment to this topic!