Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A few things wrong with my car

brandonturpin
11-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Ok i have owned my 2005 Lancer OZ Ralley for almost 4 years now! Have not had any problems on it! but i have a lot of miles on it, 97000! Recently there have been a few things that have happened that I want to fix!

1) the car when it shifts (it is a automatic) it feels like it slips. It will rev high then kick to the next gear! I got a transmition flush since it needed one anyways and it did not fix the problem, and the transkition guy told me that had nothing to do with the transmition that it was some how not getting enough power so it would rev too high before it shifted! which makes sense cause if i have the AC on it does it much more. SO what is it that causes this and how can I fix this?

2) when i am idling, especially in drive, I hear a clinging noise coming from the front, sounds like is coming around the front right side! sounds like 2 medal pieces vibrating against each other!

THos are the only 2 problems I have and dont know what to do to fix it! I am out of a job so cant afford to take it in like i usually do so my father is going to help me fix what ever needs to be done! I just dont know what to do!

RahX
11-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Does it feel like it slips on every shift? Can you have someone sit in the car with it in drive and try to pinpoint the noise? I would suspect your A/C compressor clutch airgap might be a bit tight causing it to ring but that shouldn't matter whether or not it is in drive.

brandonturpin
11-07-2009, 01:23 AM
Does it feel like it slips on every shift? Can you have someone sit in the car with it in drive and try to pinpoint the noise? I would suspect your A/C compressor clutch airgap might be a bit tight causing it to ring but that shouldn't matter whether or not it is in drive.

It feels like it slips more between 2nd and 3rd but does do it on all of them! If i let off the gas a little as its shifting then its not as bad and not noticeable unless your looking for it! But if i try to speed up fast its sure to do it and sometimes hard.

And it rings no matter what! but if i put it in neutral it stops for a bit and is softer if it does it!

RahX
11-09-2009, 09:55 PM
I will have to check to make sure but I *THINK* the TSB for the revised clutch takes care of the 2-3 shift flare. It isn't super hard to do, the clutch is a pain in the ass to line up though.

Add your comment to this topic!