Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Jaguar service and it's new owner ...

Driver Mike
11-05-2009, 09:17 PM
My wife and I are trying to decide between a '04-'07 BMW 6-series and a '04-'07 Jaguar XJn. We're pretty sold on the BMW, but the Jaguar is a very nice car as well.

Now that Tata Motors has taken over operations from Ford, what sort of service should we expect if we go with the Jaguar? I know we wouldn't have a warranty, but I'm talking about parts availability and factory trained service techs, etc., etc. BMW's service is near second to none ... and I figured Jaguar was the same, but now with Tata ... I don't know.

Just trying to decide and don't want to make a mistake and buy a Jaguar that I can't later resell. You know?

Thoughts?

Oldengineer
11-05-2009, 10:11 PM
If you buy a certified pre-owned Jaguar from a dealer, you get a 6 year - 100K warranty from the car's original in-service date. I currently own a CPO 06 S-Type, my third Jaguar to date. My dealer has been excellent if my dealings with them, even after the buy-out. BMW has a CPO program as well, but, I don't believe its as good as Jag's. In 2003 I initially shopped both brands, found Jaguar more suited to my tastes, and bought my first one.

Regards:
Oldengineer
06 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 VDP

ddemetrius456
11-19-2009, 01:21 AM
Tata Motors have invested a big sum to acquire Jaguar. No company can even think of spoiling a the big brand like Jaguar. I mean no one is so foolish to fiddle with Jaguar brand.

Add your comment to this topic!