Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looking for specific "rally" style wheels

dlphnfn
11-05-2009, 08:15 PM
I think Renaissance may be my only option here, but I want to ask... Anyone know where I can get these wheels?
http://www.dlphnfn.com/pics/sainz.jpg
I can only seem to find rims like the fronts. No luck on the rear wheels. :runaround:
Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Erick --

MPWR
11-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Fujimi Panasports (http://www.hlj.com/product/FUJ19312) may be the closest you'll find- but they're only 14".

rallymaster
11-06-2009, 04:22 PM
What I think is that you should choose to put four front rims as those rear ones were used only on a few tarmac stages.
One more thing I'm thinking about seeing this picture: pay attention to the color because in case you ignore it the right color of the car isn't red as it seems to be but fluo red. Picture should be too dark.
Most of the diecast and kit brands manufacterers made the mistake.
I have several pictures of this real car somewhere on my hard drive if you need them.
I have this model to build in the 1/43rd scale, already painted but not built btw.

dlphnfn
11-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up guys. I think I will go with the Ren wheels (all four) and the "red" will be M@rl red. :smokin:
Erick --

rallymaster
11-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the heads up guys. I think I will go with the Ren wheels (all four) and the "red" will be M@rl red. :smokin:
Erick --

What is an error if you mean TS-49 or so and if you care about accuracy.
As I said it before don't pay attention to the color it looks like on the pic, it's FLUO RED in reality !!
Most brands and builders make the mistake because they never saw the car racing and only have picture as references...
But you can trust me, it's not Marlboro red but Fluo red (like the Audi in 1982 Ivory Coast for example) and it's easy to verify on availbale videos here and there.

dlphnfn
11-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Yep, I know. What I meant by M@rl Red, is Zero's M@rl red which is a Florescent. :smokin:
Thanks man.
Erick --

rallymaster
11-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Yep, I know. What I meant by M@rl Red, is Zero's M@rl red which is a Florescent. :smokin:
Thanks man.
Erick --

Oh Ok yes of course Marlboro red was in my mind the classic TS-49 of the current tint, but you do the right choice.
I will be pleased to follow your build.
Happy building

Add your comment to this topic!