Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Windshield Washer Resivoir

david-b
11-04-2009, 09:40 AM
With the build I took out that huge washer that sat on the firewall so I can easily get to the fuel filter and everything back along there.

So I what I'm looking to do is find a small/medium sized tank that would wire up pretty much to the stock wiring so I can still have washer fluid. I've been looking on ebay for used tanks with motors and they're all big and bulky. What I would like is to hide it probably in the front bumper. Actually wish I still had the back washer tank and just wire that up.

Any ideas, tips, suggestions?

Blackcrow64
11-04-2009, 11:35 AM
You should try to make a sweet one for 420a dsms... Then you can mass produce them and sell them and make so much money that you can quit your job! :)

david-b
11-04-2009, 11:54 AM
You should try to make a sweet one for 420a dsms... Then you can mass produce them and sell them and make so much money that you can quit your job! :)

DONE!
Anything with the words "420a" and "make so much money you can quit your job" is just never going to happen. Although I'm sure I could find a small market. Who know... I just want to wash my windows when I drive

350GT
11-04-2009, 12:01 PM
well how much room do you have?? I heard some slight modification for show cars, and they litterally hide it where you cant even find it. I think they used like the s2k pump or sumthing. Not sure, but how much room do you really have? pictures???

david-b
11-04-2009, 12:42 PM
well how much room do you have?? I heard some slight modification for show cars, and they litterally hide it where you cant even find it. I think they used like the s2k pump or sumthing. Not sure, but how much room do you really have? pictures???

Not sure on the exact space I want to put it yet. May be on the drivers side in the front bumper, but again, not sure on space. Plus, it has to be accessible so I can fill it up. I'll do some measurements this weekend on it and see what would be a good place.

SilvrEclipse
11-04-2009, 01:31 PM
You could buy a small meth tank of ebay, like a 1 quart or something that you could hide easily. The problem is the the pump mounts on the tank so you will have to find a different pump. Again you could probably find one on ebay pretty cheap and just mount it in the bumper

350GT
11-04-2009, 02:33 PM
You could buy a small meth tank of ebay, like a 1 quart or something that you could hide easily. The problem is the the pump mounts on the tank so you will have to find a different pump. Again you could probably find one on ebay pretty cheap and just mount it in the bumper

brilliant idea, but the pump...umm

i kno so newer cars have pumps that are more generic. Possibly another vehicles pump might just fit in yours. if you can get the measurements i can ask around to see if anyones got anything

ned032002
11-13-2009, 08:29 AM
I think a visit to the junk yard is in your future. I would just go there and see what you can use.

Add your comment to this topic!