Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

MFH Yoshimura Suzuki -09

joelwideqvist
11-04-2009, 04:23 AM
Just saw that Model Factory Hiro are releasing their third Yoshimura Suzuki in December.

They made the winner from Suzuka 8-hours 2007 and followed up with the runner up from 2008. Now the winner from 2009.

I guess Suzuka 8-hours is pretty big in Japan, but three multimedia kits that looks allmost the same seems a bit weird to me. Would be fun with some other set-ups, but I also see the MFH point with not too much work to put into each release. And with the small numbers made they will definately sell anyway.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/joelwideqvist/mfh_yoshi09.jpg

The Sheene Machine
11-04-2009, 06:59 AM
Yeah - shame they are just turning out a revised kit each time - but I'm sure they will sell well. They do look very good and I like the paint scheme.
Problem is the Suzuka 8 hours gets zero coverage outside Japan, so for me there is little interest. Besides I'd rather spend £170 on something with a #46 on it! :naughty:

joelwideqvist
11-04-2009, 07:22 AM
I actually got the 2008 kit but I'm not too eager to invest that amount of money again if the difference is just so little. I agree with you on the coverage of Suzuka 8h. Probably a very high interest in Japan though and I'll bet there are several builders that will have all three bikes. Or all six, counting two bikes per race...
/J

CrateCruncher
11-04-2009, 12:59 PM
The modern era bikes can't really showcase what MFH does best in my opinion. The built-up chain is cool but for $300 I want some wow! Just imagine how well they could do a '74 Ducati Imola racer or a Moto Guzzi 8 cylindri from the '50's era. Heck the Honda 6 cylinder would be incredible with white metal engine and turned aluminum intake trumpets, aluminum rims with stainless steel wire spokes. Earlier bikes are simpler too so they could offer them at lower street prices and higher margins. They'd fly out of the factory I tells ya...

Twowheelsrule
11-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Assuming that MFH made the new kit accurately...The 09 GSXR has a TOTALLY new frame, engine configuration and new body shape "mainly in the nose area.

To the average person there are no changes but, I own a GSXR 1000 08 black and gold so, I follow the Suzuki line-up. I have the 07 MFH but, it is not done yet. I plan to buy this new kit also.

I wish they would come out with the Ben Spies WSB Yamaha that he won the title with this year....that would be cool.

Twowheelsrule
11-04-2009, 07:55 PM
On a side note the 07 kit has a TON of parts. I would guess around 300 pieces. It is made in a similar fashion as a Tamiya Moto GP bike but, because it is mostly white metal there is more work to do to get the parts ready for paint. It has some awesome prepainted aluminum wheels that would probably cost $50 U.S. if you tried to get them separately. The body is cast in resin and looks like it will be easy to deal with.

It was a little hard for me to spend $250 US for my kit but, I think it would be easy to spend that much on Tamiya kit if you wanted similar detail level.

In summary if you are into bike kits, the price is probably good when compared to Top Studio or others that just sell trans-kits.

Mark

tuned.by.twenty
11-05-2009, 12:30 AM
The livery on this one is really cool! If it wasn't from MFH ($$$) I wouldn't mind trying it.

joelwideqvist
11-05-2009, 02:20 AM
Twowheelsrule: The kit is definately worth the price. There isn't many of those superdetail multimedia kits out there. And I agree that the 09 GSX-R is rather different, but I think the liveries are too much alike to spend 750 on all three, that's my point. I guess Suzuka8h-freaks will do it but not me. I could have spent that amount on one S8H bike and on two different WSB GSX-R:s though.

But I guess it's the same as doing the whole range of almost the same Gauloises Repsol liveries. Just a matter of taste or favourite riders/teams.

/J

Twowheelsrule
11-05-2009, 06:30 PM
I agree, doing all 3 of the bikes would be a little silly unless you had the cash to burn. If I get the 09 bike that would make 2 of them and my reason is that I hope to better on the second try.

My wish list for new kits would be: Nori Haga 1098, Ben Spies YZR1, Casey Stoners 09 Phillip Island bike, and maybe Max Biaggi's Aprilla.

As far as bikes are concerned though, we are going to have more trouble getting new kits than probably any other category.

Mark

YongGun Park
11-05-2009, 10:05 PM
As far as bikes are concerned though, we are going to have more trouble getting new kits than probably any other category.

Mark

:frown: I agree... we are going to have more trouble getting new kits than any other category.

The point, in my case, is that I'm going to need more time to complete new bike model. :crying:

Add your comment to this topic!