Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Remote Start

tblake
10-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Good Evening everyone!

I am just looking for a basic one way keyless entry remote starter.

My whole deal is, what the heck is with all of them? They all have dopy looking ugly @$$ remotes that resemble childs toys that light up and sing songs when buttons are pushed. I'm not into them at all.

I just want something that has a half ways decent looking remote. If it looked like OEM, that would also be a plus. I dont need a 2 way, nor do I really need it to reach much farther than across a parking lot. I just want something that doesnt look like complete @$$.

Any Ideas?

BTW, this will be going into a 1997 Chevy Silverado k1500, so installation will be pretty straight forward (this will be about my 6th rs install).

Thanks!

~Tim

PaulD
10-30-2009, 06:03 PM
maybe someone that has more experienxce with remotes will chime in. I think ugle is in the eye of the beholder though

PaulD
10-30-2009, 06:04 PM
maybe someone that has more experienxce with remotes will chime in. I think ugle is in the eye of the beholder though

tblake
10-31-2009, 10:44 PM
Thanks, Yeah you are right. I am just picky with my stuff I guess. I am even considering installing factory power door locks and then an add-on type remote starter just to keep the4 factory looking key fobs. But I dont know.

Add your comment to this topic!