Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

engine problem

actmach
10-29-2009, 06:56 PM
So
Today i drove my car to work mostly freeway (91 vr4) got off freeway and when i went up to the stop light it had dropped a cylinder after work I popped the hood and gave the engine a quick visual checked wires cables hoses started it up and miss was still there by the time i got home it had no power at all it would still idle but it Rev's real slow and sounds like it is missing on at lest 2 maybe 3 cylinders dose anyone know what causes this please help the stock turbo gage reads almost no boost

Stealthee
10-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Likely have a boost leak.

Johnny3000
10-30-2009, 08:15 PM
A vacum leak is likely but before I started a endless search of vacum hoses I would check plugs for spark if you don't have it and have a recent tune-up then it's probally a bad ECM, but if you have good spark then stealthy is probally right (might be a bad injector aswell)

actmach
10-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Well today i spent most of the day back flushing the fuel filter and cleaning the front injectors put it back to gather ran OK for about 5 min
then it had the same problem now its worse i am thinking some rust in the gas tank or something in the tank i am going to completely flush the tank and clean the injectors again what is the best way to clean out the injectors let them soak in ? or spray them with ? could someone give my some advice on this thanks

judepeter
10-31-2009, 06:08 AM
have pajero petrol replaced plugs and leads started ran for 5 min put cover on hasnt started since 2 wks ago computer says crankshaft sensor problem
peter

Add your comment to this topic!