Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

First ever AF PWnT- (P)ost (W)hori(n) (T)hread

Pages : [1] 2

Shpuker
10-29-2009, 01:57 AM
Theres one of these on another site I'm on and it seems to bring in a lot more people so I figured, hey why can't we post whore on here to?

So basicaly this thread is for socializing with your fellow members, tell us about your life, your car, your pets, job, whatever. Most important of all? Post as much as possible!!!! :D

As far as I know no one has tried and or failed at making one of these on here so lets do this!!!!!!
:bananasmi:bananasmi:bananasmi:bananasmi:bananasmi

Shpuker
10-29-2009, 02:02 AM
www.getonmyhorse.com <---:lol2::lol::rofl: Win

How's everyone doin?

MagicRat
10-29-2009, 09:15 AM
:rofl::rofl:
Wow, thanks for setting the standards for the thread!! It can only go up from here !! :)

Good idea though. AF has been a bit slow!

Blackcrow64
10-29-2009, 09:26 AM
LOL!! Awesome link...

Anybody else have the iphone or ATT and notice how bad everything is sucking lately? I lost service for 45 minutes the other night after my call got dropped that I was on. That's been the worst one so far out of the couple dozen dropped calls I've had this month. It's been getting progressively worse and I can't take much more of this crap. Apple doesn't even seen to have it's game together as of late. All the new OS upgrades are making the iphone more and more unstable I've noticed. Between these two companies I'm ready to ditch cell phones all together. :banghead:

MagicRat
10-29-2009, 09:32 AM
This is why my wife and I use old-style dumb cell phones. All web-based work is done on a PC, so the cells are just for phone calls.

The phones and both service providers are awesome! Flawless service, even when I am way up north in the middle of the wilderness.

MagicRat
10-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Seriously bad parking:

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/toronto/archive/2009/10/28/suv-drives-over-two-parked-cars-reverses-leaves-scene-thornhill.aspx

'97ventureowner
10-29-2009, 10:06 AM
LOL!! Awesome link...

Anybody else have the iphone or ATT and notice how bad everything is sucking lately? I lost service for 45 minutes the other night after my call got dropped that I was on. That's been the worst one so far out of the couple dozen dropped calls I've had this month. It's been getting progressively worse and I can't take much more of this crap. Apple doesn't even seen to have it's game together as of late. All the new OS upgrades are making the iphone more and more unstable I've noticed. Between these two companies I'm ready to ditch cell phones all together. :banghead:

Never had these problems 15 years ago :lol: That's why I have a cheap Tracfone,($8/mo , actually $100/yr with 500 minutes included that I use just for emergencies if the schools need to contact me concerning my kids and I'm away from home. Or to order the occasional pizza while out and about. I think I've only used @ 50 minutes in the last year and the minutes carry over each year I renew.)
Now since we didn't have those issues 15 years ago, what would we be bitchin' about then? :grinyes:

Blackcrow64
10-29-2009, 11:06 AM
I remember life before cellphones... Now, I couldn't imagine life without it. I've gotten sucked into it becoming a necessity in my life. Stupid technological age... :(

Seriously bad parking:

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/toronto/archive/2009/10/28/suv-drives-over-two-parked-cars-reverses-leaves-scene-thornhill.aspx

That's some serious bad parking skills... Must have been a woman driver. :lol:

MagicRat
10-29-2009, 11:42 AM

Hmmm.... actually it was. The cops have arrested the driver, a 62 year-old grandmother.

Apparently, she was silly enough to return to the same parking lot yesterday, where the owner of one squashed car recognized the SUV from the security video.

'97ventureowner
10-29-2009, 12:11 PM
I remember life before cellphones... Now, I couldn't imagine life without it. I've gotten sucked into it becoming a necessity in my life. Stupid technological age... :(

I hear ya. It just seems that people can't seem to do anything without a cell phone stuck in their ear, whether it be driving walking, shopping, etc. I wonder, what's with the need of this constant contact? Looking at everybody with these cell phones constantly talking on them makes me wonder if all these years without one caused a pent up desire that now is being satisfied by their ability to talk 24/7 and be oblivious to their surroundings.

Shpuker
10-29-2009, 02:06 PM
LOL!! Awesome link...

I hate AT&T, customer service is the worst part. and 2 year contracts?? How can a phone cost $500 but if you sell them your service for 2 years its free, but if you wana switch companies? That'll be $400

Shpuker
10-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Dang we got a good 2 feet of snow!?!?

Shpuker
10-29-2009, 03:27 PM
you guys suck at post whoring lol

Shpuker
10-29-2009, 03:41 PM
lmao
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/abVrcAGlT_U&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/abVrcAGlT_U&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
gah stupid script fail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abVrcAGlT_U

Blackcrow64
10-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Hmmm.... actually it was. The cops have arrested the driver, a 62 year-old grandmother.

Apparently, she was silly enough to return to the same parking lot yesterday, where the owner of one squashed car recognized the SUV from the security video.
She be kinda slow... :screwy:

I hear ya. It just seems that people can't seem to do anything without a cell phone stuck in their ear, whether it be driving walking, shopping, etc. I wonder, what's with the need of this constant contact? Looking at everybody with these cell phones constantly talking on them makes me wonder if all these years without one caused a pent up desire that now is being satisfied by their ability to talk 24/7 and be oblivious to their surroundings.
I actually hate talking on the phone anymore than I have to since I do it all week long at work... Blah...

you guys suck at post whoring lol
Some of us have to actually work. :p

So in other news... I looked at the Nokia e71 today... Now there is a real phone. I'm thinking about ordering one online where I found it 100 bucks less than they wanted at radioshack and it was unlocked. Eff renewing a contract with ATT. That thing'll follow me wherever I go after it's up next fall... I hope? I donno if other companies use SIM cards like ATT does?...

Shpuker
10-29-2009, 10:29 PM
She be kinda slow... :screwy:

I actually hate talking on the phone anymore than I have to since I do it all week long at work... Blah...

Some of us have to actually work. :p

So in other news... I looked at the Nokia e71 today... Now there is a real phone. I'm thinking about ordering one online where I found it 100 bucks less than they wanted at radioshack and it was unlocked. Eff renewing a contract with ATT. That thing'll follow me wherever I go after it's up next fall... I hope? I donno if other companies use SIM cards like ATT does?...

Meh I had a snow day lol

and I think T-Mobile does

MagicRat
10-30-2009, 05:42 AM
Snow!!! Wooooo Hoooooo. Get the skidoo out!!!!!!! :)

Blackcrow64
10-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Meh... I better not see snow for another 2 months at least...

MagicRat
10-30-2009, 10:29 PM
What will 1.5 million buy you?

It will buy you whale penis leather.

And included with that is the Dartz Prombron Monaco Red Diamond Edition.

This over-the-top Russian-made SUV just seems to have features attached just because they cost more.

Lambskin leather not expensive enough.... well, look what we have for you.
Regular gauges not enough? Lets make them white gold.

But when you see one, you will know, the dicks really are on the inside! :)

http://jalopnik.com/5380680/15m-russ...-penis-leather

(with apologies to the Colbert Report)

Shpuker
10-31-2009, 12:06 AM
What will 1.5 million buy you?

It will buy you whale penis leather.

And included with that is the Dartz Prombron Monaco Red Diamond Edition.

This over-the-top Russian-made SUV just seems to have features attached just because they cost more.

Lambskin leather not expensive enough.... well, look what we have for you.
Regular gauges not enough? Lets make them white gold.

But when you see one, you will know, the dicks really are on the inside! :)

http://jalopnik.com/5380680/15m-russ...-penis-leather

(with apologies to the Colbert Report)

Lol yea saw that a while ago, I'd buy it.....

RaeRae1
11-01-2009, 01:06 PM

Me too. I always make sure I have my phone. I probably text more than anything. I love it. I can just wait until I have time and then respond. Rather than having to pick up a call right then.

It has been nice to have on numerous occasions though.

RaeRae1
11-01-2009, 01:09 PM
I hate AT&T, customer service is the worst part. and 2 year contracts?? How can a phone cost $500 but if you sell them your service for 2 years its free, but if you wana switch companies? That'll be $400

+1 - I was with AT&T for probably a good 10 years. Well, when I moved their service in my new house was spotty at best. I had to change cell phone companies. They sent my bill to collections a day after I cancelled the service, and the bill wasn't even due yet. WTF? I got a call AT MY WORK from a collector. I refuse to go back to them now. Way to alienate a good customer.

RaeRae1
11-01-2009, 09:38 PM
So, can anyone tell me why the Members List has been disabled?

MagicRat
11-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Hmmm... don't know.

Currently, the AF site administrator (or caretaker) is in Oahu, trying to decide if his eleventh drink should be a Margarita or a Mai-Tai. He should be returning in about 1 week, providing he is sober enough to find the airplane.

'97ventureowner
11-01-2009, 10:03 PM
So, can anyone tell me why the Members List has been disabled?
When was the last time you were able to access it? I thought I heard or read something awhile back about it not working. Perhaps that feature became disabled when the site was upgraded back in February?

Shpuker
11-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Hmmm... don't know.

Currently, the AF site administrator (or caretaker) is in Oahu, trying to decide if his eleventh drink should be a Margarita or a Mai-Tai. He should be returning in about 1 week, providing he is sober enough to find the airplane.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::runaround:

Blackcrow64
11-02-2009, 08:38 AM
I don't think the member list has been working for a long time now, if ever...

'97ventureowner
11-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Yeah, and with close to 632,000 members on this site, can you imagine how long that list would go?:lol:

MagicRat
11-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Unfortunately, 631,900 don't seem to show up.This rather limits my opportunities to use my 'Super Diabolical Mod Powers'! :(

Shpuker
11-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Unfortunately, 631,900 don't seem to show up.This rather limits my opportunities to use my 'Super Diabolical Mod Powers'! :(
more like 631,955 never show up

'97ventureowner
11-02-2009, 05:47 PM
...and roughly 200,000 of those will never be back because they were banned for spam (or other nasty things) by me :lol:

Shpuker
11-02-2009, 09:23 PM
You shoulda left a couple of m for entertainment! :D

'97ventureowner
11-03-2009, 01:06 AM
Oh there's more I'm sure slipped under the radar. They pop their heads up every once in awhile. It's the trolls that are more fun because they tend to stick around and continue to post rather and entertain us rather than those that "spam and run" never to be seen again.

RaeRae1
11-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Hmmm... don't know.

:rofl: Good! I hope he has the time of his life.... just wish I was there too.

When was the last time you were able to access it? I thought I heard or read something awhile back about it not working. Perhaps that feature became disabled when the site was upgraded back in February?

Well, judging from this - I guess it probably never worked. I don't remember if I accessed it back when or not. No biggie. Just weird. But yeah, I guess with that many users, it would make for an amazing list.

'97ventureowner
11-03-2009, 09:58 AM
At one time there was a list,don't know if it was accessible to the general membership or just Admins/Mods , but it was a list of members in ranking by their number of posts. I'm not sure if it covered every member or say the "Top 1000" (or other number.) I remember it being disabled by Admin. 2 or 3 years ago.

RaeRae1
11-03-2009, 10:02 AM
At one time there was a list,don't know if it was accessible to the general membership or just Admins/Mods , but it was a list of members in ranking by their number of posts. I'm not sure if it covered every member or say the "Top 1000" (or other number.) I remember it being disabled by Admin. 2 or 3 years ago.

Seems odd that it would be disabled. Any idea why?

I was looking to see a friends profile. Guess I could just do a search by their name, find a post by them, and then click on their name. Just a long way around it.

'97ventureowner
11-03-2009, 10:24 AM
I think one of the reasons given was it increased the chance of members trying to increase their ranking on the list by continually post whoring to raise their count, and it was using resources or server space that could be better used elsewhere at the time when the site needed it.

MagicRat
11-03-2009, 12:56 PM
I think one of the reasons given was it increased the chance of members trying to increase their ranking on the list by continually post whoring to raise their count, and it was using resources or server space that could be better used elsewhere at the time when the site needed it.

And it's not like anyone of us would ever post whore. Not me, no sir!!

:uhoh: :uhoh::)

'97ventureowner
11-03-2009, 02:21 PM
But isn't post whoring not looked "down upon" as it once was? I seem to remember a discussion a little earlier in the year that traffic had slowed on the site and we were looking for ways to increase it. Back in 2/07 AF was ranked 58th largest forum on the web, now it's 77th in terms of members. Back then we were 199th in post count, today were 283 down by one point in the last week).
Good news is we rank 661st in new posts last week, up 10 spots from the previous week :lol: I think the bunch of us can take credit for that rise in the rankings. Awhile back we were in the 700s.
Here is the link if you want to track results. Click here (http://www.big-boards.com/highlight/183/members/).

MagicRat
11-03-2009, 02:27 PM
I agree. Post whoring is a vague term that does not apply to most of the morale-boosting off-topic banter that goes on at AF. :)
As for our ranking.... that's not bad considering how AF has slowed down recently.

'97ventureowner
11-03-2009, 03:01 PM
As for our ranking.... that's not bad considering how AF has slowed down recently.

Thanks in part to our tireless never ending support to the site by our postings :lol: :p
Earlier in the year I posted these stats:
3/09
73rd largest by member size
264th largest by number of posts
Still dropping but it could be worse. One has to take into consideration the competition among forums and the rise in model specific forums has taken a bite out of participation here. Looking on the bright side though, that site that tracks these statistics has 2319 individual forums in the group so we are towards the top of the heap when it comes to member and post counts. (Something like the top 5% of forums and top 12% for post count if my quick math is correct.)

RaeRae1
11-03-2009, 05:30 PM
And it's not like anyone of us would ever post whore. Not me, no sir!!

:uhoh: :uhoh::)

:iceslolan No.. not you! Never!

RaeRae1
11-03-2009, 05:33 PM
But isn't post whoring not looked "down upon" as it once was? I seem to remember a discussion a little earlier in the year that traffic had slowed on the site and we were looking for ways to increase it. Back in 2/07 AF was ranked 58th largest forum on the web, now it's 77th in terms of members. Back then we were 199th in post count, today were 283 down by one point in the last week).
Good news is we rank 661st in new posts last week, up 10 spots from the previous week :lol: I think the bunch of us can take credit for that rise in the rankings. Awhile back we were in the 700s.
Here is the link if you want to track results. Click here (http://www.big-boards.com/highlight/183/members/).

Wow, you really track the results that closely? ACK!

So glad I could contribute my worthless dribble.

Shpuker
11-03-2009, 05:43 PM

Hmm..... *looks at the title of this thread* dunno

Blackcrow64
11-04-2009, 11:34 AM
I like the ice cream. :)

MagicRat
11-04-2009, 06:36 PM
There's always room for ice cream.

Blackcrow64
11-05-2009, 12:13 AM
And pizza... Mmm... I sure could go for a whole pizza right now. I've been on this eating healthy deal and its soooo hard but I've felt so much better by cutting out all the fast food, pop and other junk foods.

MagicRat
11-05-2009, 12:18 AM
pizza is not junk food. It all depends on what you do with it. So if it has a whole-wheat crust and is piled high with veggies, then it's health food...

Blackcrow64
11-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Yeah that's the problem. I want some normal good thick dripping with grease pizza... No veggies... Mmm....

MagicRat
11-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Yeah that's the problem. I want some normal good thick dripping with grease pizza... No veggies... Mmm....

Yum. Well, you could go all the way and deep-fry the pizza, too. :)

Blackcrow64
11-05-2009, 12:09 PM
That really does sound amazing...

Shpuker
11-05-2009, 07:30 PM
That really does sound amazing...

Thats what she said

MagicRat
11-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Thats what she said

Hopefully she wasn't laughing and pointing when she said this. :)

RaeRae1
11-06-2009, 10:31 AM

Hahah. We have a local pizza place here that sells a pizza that is lovingly named the Cardiac special. Has every meat they offer plus extra cheese. :rofl:

MagicRat
11-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Well, that get's right to the point doesn't it? Right up there with the "Death" brand cigarettes.

From here: (http://www.kleinlitigationblog.com/the-death-cigarette-trademark-infringement-litigation-case/)

Many years ago there was this young entrepreneur who invested his life savings into a start-up cigarette company under the brand name “Death” Cigarettes. His concept was as to provide full disclosure about the hazards of smoking and his packaging consisted of the traditional pirate’s skull and crossbones with a warning that if you smoke any cigarettes you are going to die. He marketed his cigarettes in head shops toward the young underground punk rock market. His position was if you are going to smoke, at least Death Cigarettes did not contain all the additives of the other more mainstream brands. He obtained a federal trademark registration of the name “Death” on the category of cigarettes.

Blackcrow64
11-06-2009, 06:55 PM
I got the thickest, greasiest pizza I could for dinner... It's so good... But I am so sick... I want to throw up... Only 3 more slices left and I'll have eaten the whole thing... So good... Arteries... Clogging... Must... Submit... Quick... Reply.........................

MagicRat
11-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Call 'Pizza-911'

Blackcrow64
11-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Oh I was so sick all night long after I ate that. I couldn't even lay down to sleep cause I felt like throwing up every time I did... I had to sleep sitting up. :(

RaeRae1
11-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Oh I was so sick all night long after I ate that. I couldn't even lay down to sleep cause I felt like throwing up every time I did... I had to sleep sitting up. :(

That'll learn ya :rofl:

MagicRat
11-08-2009, 08:51 PM
That'll learn ya :rofl:

...not to invite the rest of us over to share...

Add your comment to this topic!