Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

07 Impala remote start not working

phillyguy
10-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Two weeks ago had my tires rotated, I told service tech tire position needed to be relearned. They performed the diagnostics program. This issue should not have caused my present problem, or could it.

Last week, I attempted to remote start the car. I heard engine start but did not stand by to observe it running. When I went outside the car was not running. The car started using the key but now had engine indicator light. I retries using remote start, I see lights blink and hear gas pump turn on but does not start engine. Owners manual said to try these, removing and installing gas cap, filling fuel tank, refilling fuel tank with premium gas. Problem not corrected.

Past weekend had service center check indicator memory. I was told it was secondary ignition (whatever that is), he did not give me a fault code. He thought maybe it was a glitch and reset the code. Engine light came back on the next day. I guess I'll have to go to auto parts store for them to give me the code number.

Anyone have an idea what is wrong?

phillyguy
10-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Stopped by an AutoZone, they hooked up data collector and printed a readout for me.

Fault code P0411, Secondary Air Injection System Fault
Listed possible causes

Circuit relay or fuse open
Where do I find circuit relay an fuse?

Check connector and wiring
Where is wiring connector(s)?

Air pump defective or hoses blocked
Where is the air pump?
How do I check air pump?
What hoses am I looking for, probably the hoses on air pump?
Blocked hoses, from what, am I looking for a device in the hose line, if so where?

All help greatly appreciated.

pdigital360
10-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Do you have a warranty on that car?

My 06 remote starter will not work either when the engine light is on.

adachb2006
02-02-2010, 07:34 PM
did you ever figure this out, i am having the same problem and pump replacement did not take care of it

phillyguy
02-03-2010, 06:24 AM
did you ever figure this out, i am having the same problem and pump replacement did not take care of it
Took the car to neighborhood shop, owner used to work as GM mechanic. He said it was the air pump and could probably get dealer to cover it even though it was slightly out of warranty.

Took it to dealer, they wouldn't cover it, when I asked about customer appreciation they said they would ask GM rep if they would cover it. The GM rep said no, sorry, your service history shows bring vechicle in for work only if it was free or warranty. This being the fourth vehicle I bought at this dealership and from GM I call GM directly. The regional GM rep reviewed my claim and acepted repairs as warranty work.

Oh, btw... it was bad exhaust valve between air pump and exhaust system. I forgot to mention this was diagnosed before complainting to GM. It would have cost $600 to replace.

Add your comment to this topic!