Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Dodge Intrepid engine swap question!

Marialyce
10-26-2009, 09:58 PM
:)We are looking at a 2003 Dodge Intrepid, that has a junk 2.7. We looked up used engines on Car-Parts.com and they only offer 2.7 or 3.5 Can we swap out the 2.7 with a 3.5. We have swapped out a 2.7 for 3.2 in the past. So we know what we are in for. We just need to know if it is possible for this year of car. Thanks

wafrederick
10-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Yes it can be done and you need a donor car which is the cheaper way to go.General rule with an used engine,make it has been ran which it ran good before it was pulled.If it was not ran before before it was pulled out,you do not want it because you do not know if it is any good.Been there before,with a 2.5 Chrysler V6 which the car was hit hard in an accident which the yard could not get to run before it was pulled and it was no good with very a very noisy valvetrain.

Marialyce
10-28-2009, 08:10 AM
Thanks, We were able to get the complete 3.2 engine when we swapped on the 98. We didn't hear it run, but we knew it was from a wrecked car. Later on we figured out the crank pulley(?) was bent, but it still ran and it got us from Hillsdale Michigan to Tennessee on a 110 degree day with no problems. My hubby traded it off for a truck. I have regretted it since. Yeah we plan on searching for a complete engine or donar car. Thanks again and I'll keep an update. :smooch:

Add your comment to this topic!