Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Two into One

smeismer
10-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Well, I rebuilt the engine in my '92 Metro, and had it just about the way I wanted it. Then my daughter had a head on collision with a Volvo. The Metro gave its all to protect her, cushioning the shock so that no one was hurt. However, the crash destroyed the front end, broke the motor mounts and pushed the engine and transmission back into the firewall. I concluded that from the damage the Metro was not rebuildable. However, the engine and transmission stayed intact and functional through all of this. My son in law found another Metro (this one a '91) with a blown head gasket, burned valves, etc. that hadn't run in 3 years. He picked that up for a song and gave it to me. So, this last weekend I pulled both engine/transmissions and put the good one in the intact body. So far, so good. The brakes are shot, so I still need to rebuild them, and one of the turn signals is missing, but after working through the weekend, I was able to drive it around the block. I must still transfer all of the goodies from the wreck, windshield, tach dash, cruise control, better muffler, but it looks like I will soon be back to driving a Geo.:runaround:

RossT
10-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Pictures?

smeismer
10-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Sorry, I didn't take any. My only defense is that my hands were greasy.:banghead:

RossT
10-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Good job!

I can vouch for the grease stained hands!

It's always nice to take pictures for furture reference.
Now run out and take a picture of the new "hybred" !

Add your comment to this topic!