Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

wire thru the firewall

jack1018
10-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Hi, I am in the process of installing an alarm/remote starter in my wife's 99 Venture. I need to pass a few wires from the engine compartment to inside the cab. I am wondering where are the most convinent locations on the firewall that I can pass some wires. Thanks in avance.

roadrunner2
10-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Hi, I am in the process of installing an alarm/remote starter in my wife's 99 Venture. I need to pass a few wires from the engine compartment to inside the cab. I am wondering where are the most convinent locations on the firewall that I can pass some wires. Thanks in avance.

Directly in front of the drivers seat. Make sure the rubber grommet is in place when you're done.

jack1018
10-22-2009, 10:16 PM
Directly in front of the drivers seat. Make sure the rubber grommet is in place when you're done.
Where abouts in relation to the steering column thru the firewall? Thanks

roadrunner2
10-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Where abouts in relation to the steering column thru the firewall? Thanks

If you look at the firewall from the front you should see at least one black (rubber) grommet with a 1/4" cable running through it in the firewall above the transmission area.

I'm trying to remember from my old 2000 Silhouette. I used this hole to run trailer brake wires through.
The hole is either to the right or left of the steering shaft.

jack1018
10-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Found it. thanks

Add your comment to this topic!