Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2Qs, 1 8, and three V Kills

CassiesMan
10-22-2009, 04:59 PM
So, today was my first day out of quarantine for the dreaded, deadly Hinney cold (H1N1). Honestly it wasn't that bad, no worse than the last time I had the flu (when I was in 8th grade like ten years ago), just took some antibiotics and tamiflu and I was fine. But I digress.

I was out enjoying a leisurely drive in the beautiful 60 degree weather, meaning the car was boosting plenty strong (yay for fixing boost leaks!), and I was enjoying the fact that I have brakes again (I'll post pics to give you an idea...), so I was driving a wee bit froggy. Nobody really seemed like they wanted to play, and that was fine with me because I'm really not into the whole street racing thing anymore. I like to drive fast, but I really don't have anything to prove like most of the people around here act like.

Coming off a light, an older G35 coupe gunned it and got right on my ass, and didn't seem to want to pass in the pretty much open lane to my right. I dropped from six to third at around forty, jumped to the empty lane, and tapped the gas a bit to let him know whats up. The supposedly loud BPV didn't scare him off...good. I'm not sure if he was an auto or stick, but it sounded like he jumped down a gear or two. I'll tell ya, I'm not gonna be buying one anytime soon but those VQs sound so sexy. I let him punch it first before rolling onto it in third. He had about half a car when I went WOT, rolled him in fast, and was already out in front before I flatshifted to forth. Held out forth up to say 80, 85, and let off with a car or two between us.

At this point, I saw a black Mustang (the rounded body style from the mid nineties) come swinging around after us. This of course brought on fear as the city we were in likes to use the older body style 'Stangs for their chase cars. I started remembering the advice from Fear and Loathing when I realized there were no lights or siren, and he was pacing the G. He jumped on the G, the G stayed back, so he came up to me. Sounded like a standard V8 'Stang, pipes and what not, so I figured why not. I rolled down my window and quickly remembered how cold 60 was at 60mph...

He did the same, and I said that we were coming up on some more lights so we should take a side road. He agreed, and we turned at the next major intersection, which gave us a nice, long stretch that ended in an on ramp to the highway. Worked for me. We came out of the turn at about ten, fifteen and both punched it right around the same time. Spun through most of second, stayed door and door, flat shifted to third and heard a nice back fire, started gaining on him. Hit forth at about 65 and was opening up now to a length or so. Went into fifth at 90, shut 'er down at about a buck ten with two lengths on him. Thumbs up all around, he turned back, I got on the highway.

On the scenic route home, ran across an older 350Z. Again, VQ sounds good but nothing I wanna spend money on. We played some cat and mouse through light traffic, nothing overly dangerous, just doing 5-10 faster than a few cars and an 18 wheeler. Got free from traffic, doing 60 in forth, and opened it up. I could tell he did too, you can tell with those motors, and I just walked away steadily. Closed her down at a few clicks over 100, he was a bit back. Never pulled up even with me after that. *shrug*

All in all, a good day for the 3 now that she is running right again...

Still, I miss my E46 *cry*

Cliff Notes: I will go to the animal shelter and buy you a kitten, and let you fall in love with that kitten, and then, a few months down the line, after you have nurtured and loved that kitten, I will steal away into your house in the darkest of nights, and punch you in the face.

TorchedStealth
10-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Sweet lord your gears are short mang!

Anyways nice kills! Thats a lot in one day for sure!

Ps. I like you cliff noes lol

CassiesMan
10-22-2009, 06:32 PM
They are for a six speed. First gear is done, and i mean DONE at like, 12 mph. I don't fear my clutch loosing first gera cuz the car will start and go just fine in second from a stop. 2nd will take you to 40, you can in theory go to 60 in third (but aint no power there), 4th will go up to 90-100, 5th will get you to 130-140, and 6th gear at 150 I still have room to go.

TorchedStealth
10-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Thats just weird to me lol. My first I consider short and it brings me to about 38-40, 2nd to 72, 3rd to 110, 4th to 140, and 5th i really dont know. Guys have said they are at 7k rpms at around 165-170, so the gear runs out, and I really dont see my car going any faster than that due to lack of power.

BP2K2Max
10-22-2009, 06:52 PM
They are for a six speed. First gear is done, and i mean DONE at like, 12 mph. I don't fear my clutch loosing first gera cuz the car will start and go just fine in second from a stop. 2nd will take you to 40, you can in theory go to 60 in third (but aint no power there), 4th will go up to 90-100, 5th will get you to 130-140, and 6th gear at 150 I still have room to go.

that's crazy. my 3rd gear redlines just shy of 100. you must have to shift like a mofo.

cHo
10-22-2009, 10:19 PM
if you don't mind me asking.. whats your make/model? I remember you had a mazda in your sig before but not anymore..

CassiesMan
10-22-2009, 11:23 PM
2008 Speed3.

VR43000GT
10-22-2009, 11:25 PM
that's crazy. my 3rd gear redlines just shy of 100. you must have to shift like a mofo.

My 3rd gear goes to 107 in my 6 speed. The 5 speed VR4's can muster up a 123mph in 3rd.

CassiesMan
10-23-2009, 12:10 AM

Well, the biggest issue is you have to shift way before redline, the way the fuel system is set up anything past 5500 isn't getting any more power. But first gear is crazy short. I'm not kidding, at ten miles an hour the car is bucking like mad and the exhaust sounds like there is a 747 sitting right outside the window. Even letting the gears roll all the way out to redline they are very short even for a six speed.

Dunno why Mazda did it that way, maybe because it was more to make it a more involved drive. But its fucking Mazda, why do they do anything the way they do it?

AWP9521
10-25-2009, 12:04 AM
Heh, a granny gear in a Mazda, who da thunk it! Nice kills :)

Add your comment to this topic!