cigarette lighter

saturnsc2
10-19-2009, 01:56 PM
i got a 1986 celebrity. my cigarette lighter socket is corroded & i want to replace it as i use it to charge my cell phone & other stuff. how does it come out? i got the factory replacement & it has threads on the bottom. does it just screw in & out?

Blue Bowtie
10-24-2009, 02:53 PM
there should be a metal shell on the rear of the lighter socket. This shell unscrews from the inner (socket) portion and allows the socket to be removed from the bezel. Look at the replacement socket closely and it becomes fairly self-explanatory.

saturnsc2
10-24-2009, 02:56 PM
there should be a metal shell on the rear of the lighter socket. This shell unscrews from the inner (socket) portion and allows the socket to be removed from the bezel. Look at the replacement socket closely and it becomes fairly self-explanatory. thanks, but that job is already done. i could'nt find a replacement for the original lighter. it's discontinued from gm & i wasn't about to tear apart dashboards in the junkyard! i wound up just installing an aftermarket socket under the dash. looks cool & works fine. thanks.....

Add your comment to this topic!