94 Eclipse Interior lights

rochm
10-19-2009, 03:14 AM
Well hello again,

As you can tell my 94 Eclipse has become my project! I am new to the Eclipse but I have been a back yard mechanic since the 70's. Well I have a manual on order for this and when I get done I plan to have it pretty much original again. My interior lights work fine if you open the lift back, but if you set the dome button for the lights to come on when the the doors open, nothing, no lights no door indicator on the intrument panel, if you use the buttons for the lights just the domes work like they should. I have been researching a little and I have found out that there is an interior sensor. Can some one let me know if this controls all interior lights or is there a seperate one for the doors. Thanks rochm

Cavalier9696
10-21-2009, 11:48 AM
I had same problem on my passenger side door. Ended up being, the dome button inside the door was worn out. I replaced it and have no problems since.

rochm
10-22-2009, 01:31 PM
I had same problem on my passenger side door. Ended up being, the dome button inside the door was worn out. I replaced it and have no problems since.

Than ks for responding, that was the first thing I checked but I don't see a button on neither door! That is what has me stummped. Because you open the lift back and the lights work fine even around the ignition. Any other suggestions? Thannks

Add your comment to this topic!