Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Complete shut off at 70mph?

capm
04-07-2003, 03:55 PM
Yes this accord is a weird one if you read my past posts.

Saturday night I was driving on a major highway and was traveling in the fast lane. i was going approximately 70-75 mph. The car was only running an hour or so, nothing out of the ordinary.

Please bare mind the following occured in approx 1-2 seconds

When all of a sudden the entire car shut off for no reason ( i didnt touch anything on the inside like radio, heat, etc..) THE headlights, interior lights, engine, etc.. all shut off (only thing left on was maintenence reqd light). It was very scary so I immediately tried to move into the right lanes. As i did, the car picked right back up like nothing happened. I continued to drive for another 1/2 hour and all was fine and has been since.

Can anyone help or provide suggestions?? I would like to know your thoughts on why this would happen, how it could happen, and how to prevent it. Thanks for your help

hondaman-iac
04-07-2003, 08:19 PM
i would look in the fuse panel and the battery wiring for some loose wires. maybe a bump set the wire out of place then it came back on on another bump. there is no other logical explanation

Wiseguy
04-08-2003, 09:27 AM
it sounds like its time for a tune up, i had the same problem scared the shit out of me one day. turned out i needed a new distributer and cap
or who knows your spark plug wires could be shot, it could be many posiblities

Add your comment to this topic!