Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Power seat issue

Vanfan
10-16-2009, 02:11 PM
2006 chev Tahoe, driver side power seat does not go back all the way, only half way.. The motor stops dead halfway back. Nothing in the tracks, no fuse that I see is blown. I dont know, Im stumped, can anyone help?

roadrunner2
10-16-2009, 07:02 PM
2006 chev Tahoe, driver side power seat does not go back all the way, only half way.. The motor stops dead halfway back. Nothing in the tracks, no fuse that I see is blown. I dont know, Im stumped, can anyone help?

I'm wondering if the motor stops due to the wiring harness being pulled apart to disconnect that function (the wiring under the seat I mean). Some wiring may be under the carpet.

Vanfan
10-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Found that the switch is bad on the side of the seat, fooled with it for an hour and got it back to where it is comfortable than disconnected it so it cant be moved. Ill get a new one when I have the funds...

roadrunner2
10-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Found that the switch is bad on the side of the seat, fooled with it for an hour and got it back to where it is comfortable than disconnected it so it cant be moved. Ill get a new one when I have the funds...

Glad you found the culprit. You could try carparts.com or perhaps phone around to a few recycle yards. It'll be easy to test the switch, as you'll have the vehicle with you.

Add your comment to this topic!