Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Engine light

gil11268
10-14-2009, 01:47 PM
I put a couple anti corrosion disks under the battery terminals in my 2005 mustang, yesterday. I had to remove both cables from the terminals and then reconnect them. Today,when I drove it, I noticed the engine light on and my right turn signal blinking quicker than the left one. Also the engine's idle seems a little different. Not sure what it is ...any ideas?:confused:

gil11268
10-15-2009, 04:53 PM
I put a couple anti corrosion disks under the battery terminals in my 2005 mustang, yesterday. I had to remove both cables from the terminals and then reconnect them. Today,when I drove it, I noticed the engine light on and my right turn signal blinking quicker than the left one. Also the engine's idle seems a little different. Not sure what it is ...any ideas?:confused:

Update;
Took it to Tires Plus, blinker taken care of, they ran a diagnostics on it and tried to reset and relearn the module. Everything else is fine, but the the light kept coming back on and the same code came up. The code is for idle air control lower than expected. Idle still isn't right and light is still on.... system hasn't relearned yet. Any suggestions?

Franco2112
10-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Try cleaning your MAF. Use mass air flow cleaner. About $6-$8. Any auto parts store should carry it.

Add your comment to this topic!