Look!! how do i solve rusted headers???

jeffseby
04-07-2003, 11:29 AM
Is their any type of spray or solvent that I can use for these rediculusly rusted header. They are 5 month old Heedman Headers. I don't know how they alreadly look so unsightly....Please Help!

Ace$nyper
04-07-2003, 11:57 AM
Navel jelly might work what are the headers made of?

94civic
04-07-2003, 06:31 PM
i had the same header and it did the same thing to me so i fixed it with a engine swap and there you go no more rusty piece of shit chikara header. what you can try to do is go to autozone and get that dupont high temp engine paint made to withstand 1200 degrees and sand the header off with some 300 grit then 600 grit and paint it.

HatchbackHoney
04-07-2003, 07:18 PM
Sandblast them then coat em with high temp paint or something

zippeay
04-07-2003, 07:40 PM
Buy a stainless header, even high temp paint will come off, headers dissapate a lot of heat even more than high temp paint can handle. That's really your only choice or you can rap it with that high temp insulation for headers, that would work too

jeffseby
04-09-2003, 09:31 PM
ok, thanks you guys, the headers are just the most basic header, i dont know what they are made of, $120 from summit racing.com, only ones i could afourd, otherwise i would get DC Sports or something.

Frostbyte
04-12-2003, 12:59 AM
I would get rid of that shit and get DC like mine I got for 220 shipped.

http://home.mlode.com/~nate/car/newcivic4.jpg
http://home.mlode.com/~nate/car/newcivic5.jpg

jeffseby
04-13-2003, 05:21 PM
damn, that bay does look GOOD.

88_SC_CRX_Si
04-16-2003, 09:19 AM
In this case it might not be a bad idea just to get some "Header Wrap" and put-on it. At least it would hide the rust, and you would not have to worry about it rusting out, because it has already started....

jeffseby
04-16-2003, 10:45 AM
i was thinking about header wrap, but dont you have to take out the headers to aply the wrap? I might just put my header heat sheild back on.

loesch8102
04-18-2003, 01:12 AM
Frontbyte: What kind of hp gains do you think you got from those DC's? Anything noticable?

B16EJ1
04-18-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by jeffseby
i was thinking about header wrap, but dont you have to take out the headers to aply the wrap? I might just put my header heat sheild back on.

How you gonna put a heatshield on an aftermarket heeader?

luti
04-19-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by B16EJ1

How you gonna put a heatshield on an aftermarket heeader?

Um, heat sheild and header wrap are very different. One is a piece of sheet metal, the other is a flexible metal wrap that goes around the headers. The only problem with it is that it can cause headers to crack since they don't allow the heat to disipate.

B16EJ1
04-19-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by luti

Um, heat sheild and header wrap are very different. One is a piece of sheet metal, the other is a flexible metal wrap that goes around the headers. The only problem with it is that it can cause headers to crack since they don't allow the heat to disipate.

I know that. I didn't ask " what's the difference? ". I asked how can you put a heatshield on an aftermarket Headman Header?
Not possible. Maybe he meant put the oem header and heatshield.

jeffseby
04-20-2003, 07:24 PM
sorry, I don't know what I was thinking when I talked about putting a heat sheild on AfterMarket headers, I will try and fabricate some kind of thing to put on them to direct the heat to a certain position. OR SOMETHING.

Frostbyte
04-21-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by loesch8102
Frontbyte: What kind of hp gains do you think you got from those DC's? Anything noticable?

I gained maybe 2-4 horses but I did notice a lot of mid range power. You will notice greater gains on a B series motor but oh well. You will not notice any power with just a header but once you get exhaust and high flow cat with it you will be gaining the most horsepower out of it. If it is going to just be a street machine a 4-2-1 (1) piece header will be perfect for what you need.

Add your comment to this topic!