Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Camber Kit

CivicSkater
04-07-2003, 11:15 AM
I'm gonna put coilovers on my accord, and im gonna drop it like 3 or 4 inches. And i was wondering, are camber kits easy to put on, like could i do it myself? If so, does anybody have a link to a site with instructions. Also, i saw a site that had instructions on putting on coilovers, and i lost it, does anybody know the site? Thanks.

hondaman-iac
04-07-2003, 12:20 PM
the anchor bolt ones are prety easy to put on. it took me less that 30 minutes to do my both sides.

strodda
04-07-2003, 08:52 PM
be careful when adjusting camber, dont correct totally. keep it somewhere between 1-2 negative degrees. i only dropped 2" and when i corrected to 0 deg. the arm hit on every bump. and the more extreme you drop the easier itll hit.

dutchaccord
04-08-2003, 10:05 AM
DIY CAMBERKIT (http://board.hondasociety.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47917&highlight=diy+camberkit)

It's still working great, but becareful,

Stefan

CivicSkater
04-08-2003, 11:19 AM
Should i get it installed proffesionally? Cuz i dont wanna screw it up, and i dont really have anybody to help me out. Will it cost a lot to get it done professionally, or should i try doing it myself?

dutchaccord
04-08-2003, 11:45 AM
install it ur self,then get ur car alighned at a tyre centre. Then ur set.

Stefan

hondaman-iac
04-08-2003, 01:27 PM
i like strfan's idea. i was thining about banging the lower crossbone, that way the wheel won't rub the fender, but i got the anchor bolts and now i have to do the inner fender mod to get rid of the bangs from the arm.

CivicSkater
04-08-2003, 03:36 PM
Aight, thanks for the idea, thats definetly what im gonna do.

CivicSkater
04-08-2003, 03:38 PM
Hey strfan, is that a brake light at the top of your rear window, i cant tell. Oh ya, didnt you make that little thing hangin down your self? I think i remember that....

dutchaccord
04-09-2003, 11:44 AM
Yes (i had a roofspoiler w 3rd brakelight

And

Yes (little thing hanging? )

MORE PIC'S of all my DIY'S
roospoiler
camberkit
etc
etc

http://www.dawebcity.com/leden/dutchaccord

click the tab FOTOALBUMS

Stefan

Duatone
04-13-2003, 02:17 PM
after you put on a camber kit on ALL 4th GENS, its gonna take morethan a "little banging" to stop your a-arm from hitting. you actually have to cut out a good chunk of metal from the top of your fender well to give enough clearance for your a-arm to protrude through, otherwise, and ive seen this happen, if you let it go, and let it hit all the time, you WILL brake your a-arm.

CivicSkater
04-15-2003, 08:33 PM
Duatone, are there any walkthroughs to show me what you mean. Cuz i dont wanna drop my car and end up screwin everything else. I dont quite understand what you are saying.

Duatone
04-18-2003, 05:36 PM
Its easier to figure out than you think. and sorry, i donth ave a camera or id take some pics, i think my vid cam can plug into my computer though, i'll check. anyways. heres the general idea. open your hood, stand in front of one of your wheels, and look down, as if your looking directly at your a-arm, hopefully you know what an a-arm is? anyways, obviously you cant see it, so you need to get a plasma cutter, or in the average joes case, a cutting wheel. preferably not a dremal, youd be doing it for days that way. you need to cut a hole big enough for your a-arm to go through. not the whole a-arm, mainly just where the ball joint is. you only need the hole to be big enough for your circumstances. the bad thing, it looks tacky to have these holes when you have your hood open. but, alas, there isnt another way around it, just a 4th gen prob. ive seen the hole wrapped with rubber trim and it looks pretty good, ive also seen a fabbed piece of plexi installed. see, mine poke out about 1/2-3/4" above that hole. it also sucks cause if your really low, your a-arm can go high enough to start hitting your hood, which mine has a small dent where it started to hit, i think, so i raised it a hair. anyways, i'll see what i can do for pics, till then, good luck finding anything, chances ar probably slim, and i'll do what i can to help you out. seriously though, its your only choice, unless you do air-ride.

93accordEX
04-18-2003, 09:11 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/tn/mattdtuck/images/Mvc_005f.jpg

hondaman-iac
04-19-2003, 09:55 AM
how about welding a something over it ????:confused:

CivicSkater
04-20-2003, 10:25 AM
WOW, i couldn's ask for a better explanation thanks a lot man.

CivicSkater
04-20-2003, 11:09 AM
Ok, i was looking at it, what could i use to cut through there. Also, duatone, how low is yours, cuz if i drop it 3.5"-4", its gonna be hitting my hood like everytime i turn, isnt it?

Duatone
04-20-2003, 11:19 AM
I used an actual air cutting wheel to do mine. and for as low as my car is, I havent really checked, though, with 18's, my fender lip sits right on above the tire, just tucking a little. though, it only really hit after i put my new camber kit on since i forgot how low i spun my coils down and drove with it home tucking all the tire. hell yeah looked good, but damaged my hood, oh well, can always be easily replaced with carbon fiber :D anyways, it also depends on what you have for suspension also.

CivicSkater
04-20-2003, 11:22 AM
The suspension is all stock, and i got the stock 14" wheels on there. This is really the first actual performance mod, cuz i havent has money till now. Of course that ticket i got yesterday is gonna take a good chunk out of my money. COPS SUCK!

Duatone
04-20-2003, 11:42 AM
yeah, for being this low, your gonna need really good suspension. and working in a body shop, ive seen numerous 4th gens come in and i havent found one yet that compares to my tokico illuminas. every other one ive driven are bouncy as hell, even with agx adjustables.

CivicSkater
04-20-2003, 02:28 PM
As in suspension, do u mean just like shocks, struts, or everything. Cuz im just going from paycheck to paycheck here.

CivicSkater
04-20-2003, 02:35 PM
What if i put a piece of soft rubber on the hood right where the a-arm will come through? Do you think that would make a difference, or would it still dent anyways?

Duatone
04-21-2003, 10:03 AM
As in suspension, do u mean just like shocks, struts, or everything. Cuz im just going from paycheck to paycheck here.
if thats your plan, keep saving your checks and buy everything at once.

What if i put a piece of soft rubber on the hood right where the a-arm will come through? Do you think that would make a difference, or would it still dent anyways?
its like i said, it all depends on what your setup is. including wheels. sorry i forgot about those. my buddy had the same exact setup, though he was rollin on 16's, and sat about another 1/2-1" lower than i do now and had no problems at all. you can think of many way to prevent it, but wait and see if it does anything first. you might get away with no problems at all.

CivicSkater
04-21-2003, 01:15 PM
I just realized, if i cut a whole for the a-arm to come through, when it rains, water is gonna be shooting through the hole, all over my engine, right?

dutchaccord
04-22-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by CivicSkater

Dent it and put some rubber inside, If the a ar would hit it wil be softened by the rubber

Stefan

hondaman-iac
04-22-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by CivicSkater
I just realized, if i cut a whole for the a-arm to come through, when it rains, water is gonna be shooting through the hole, all over my engine, right?

pretty much. that's why i reccomend to have someone weld sheet metal over it. it will look much better that way

~Stefan

Add your comment to this topic!