Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Radiator question

mrgoodwrench69
10-09-2009, 07:25 PM
I have a 1997 Tahoe that got hit by a deer yesterday and destroyed the radiator. It was a single row with oil and transmissioin cooler. I purchased a new 2 row , it fits perfect, but there is a heater return line that is clamped off , which I don't need. Can I run this without a problem, I'm starting to think over time this clamp / rubber piece could wear and release the coolant. Any info would be appreciated.

j cAT
10-09-2009, 07:40 PM
I have a 1997 Tahoe that got hit by a deer yesterday and destroyed the radiator. It was a single row with oil and transmissioin cooler. I purchased a new 2 row , it fits perfect, but there is a heater return line that is clamped off , which I don't need. Can I run this without a problem, I'm starting to think over time this clamp / rubber piece could wear and release the coolant. Any info would be appreciated.

show a picture of it...where did you buy it ? who is the manufacturer and part number.....?

heater return or a place to mount the coolant heater...
normally the heater core is going into the engine/water pump...

did you cook up the deer yet ?

MT-2500
10-10-2009, 10:24 AM

If a good cap it should not give any problem.
But I am like you some do not look to good.
But if you do not like it you can get a good heater hose and plug one end of heater hose with a plug or a bolt same size as hose and clamp plug or bolt.
Good Luck

mrgoodwrench69
10-10-2009, 06:13 PM
The brand name is REady-Rad... Model #431334. I tried attaching a photo, but it won't upload the 52 kb jpeg. Thanks for the info !

j cAT
10-10-2009, 08:49 PM
The brand name is REady-Rad... Model #431334. I tried attaching a photo, but it won't upload the 52 kb jpeg. Thanks for the info !

looks like a good replacement...go to photobucket to put pictures into the post ..if you can figure it out...

reviews of this product did not mention this heater return as an issue..

mrgoodwrench69
10-11-2009, 04:02 PM
thanks for the info...

Add your comment to this topic!