1995 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2 L V8 HELP??

badboytroy01
10-08-2009, 09:02 PM
How does the all wheel drive work when you are turning? When i turn on pavement it seems to bind and its like the front tires are working against eachother. Also when i go over a bump at like 55 mph the front tires start to shake bad until i hit the brakes and slow down. Any ideas? Thanks.
-Troy

reekor
10-10-2009, 01:18 AM
Your transfer case is toast, it has a part in it called a "viscous coupler" that fails with age. The wheel shake is called a "death wobble", replace your steering damper as often this is the cause of a death wobble.

How does the all wheel drive work when you are turning? When i turn on pavement it seems to bind and its like the front tires are working against eachother. Also when i go over a bump at like 55 mph the front tires start to shake bad until i hit the brakes and slow down. Any ideas? Thanks.
-Troy

pkrieter
12-08-2009, 12:18 AM
The viscous coupler is expensive but not too hard to replace if you are mechanically inclined. About $425 and about 2-3 hours work. I went to google and typed in jeep viscous coupler replacement to get instructions.

Add your comment to this topic!