Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1991 Honda Civic Hatchback DX - Houston Texas

gsrogers
10-05-2009, 08:30 AM
Selling my very nice solid / straight 91 Civic Hatchback…..these are awesome little cars, perfect for the Tuner Crowd! I bought this about a year ago for to drive to and from work. It gets 34 miles to the gallon! I have another work vehicle so I no longer need this car. These are getting harder to find in this condition – it has never been wrecked and is rust free! I have the carfax from when I bought it showing it was clear of any problems. You can run another one if you wish. Since this car is 18 years old I have replaced a lot of items that normally wear. It currently has 193K miles but I replaced the motor when I bought it (rear main oil leak) with a correct 1.5L Japanese replacement motor. That was about 10K miles ago and the new motor had about 40K…..so the engine has about 50K miles on it. I also had a new clutch installed at that time. I upgraded the wheels/tires with a used set of Miata M 15” allows…..Pirelli tires have fair tread left. Car has grey paint with grey/black interior. Also has non-power steering.

Here is my assessment:

Good:
Solid accident / rust free body (original paint with no repairs)
Replacement engine (roughly 50K miles on it)
New Clutch when engine was installed (10K miles ago)
New front upper control arms with ball joints (1 month ago)
New front and rear shocks/struts (6 months ago)
New driver side axle (6 months ago)
New Starter (6 months ago – but starting to make a noise)
New Distributor (10 months ago)
New Battery (8 months ago)
New Heavy Duty Catalytic Converter (2 weeks ago)
New engine mounts (2 out of the 4)
New Plugs / Wires / PCV valve / Valve cover gasket (1 month ago)
Upgraded Miata 15” M edition wheels/tires
New seat covers (2 months ago – only seat wear is on driver side bolster)
Aftermarket headlights and rear lights
Wood grain style steering wheel
Pioneer cd/radio
Air Conditioning blow extremely cold
Just passed inspection and has 7 months left on registration

Bad:
Paint clear coat is getting tired
Windshield is cracked
New Starter is making noise (under warranty - will try to get back to shop to replace)
Clunking sound from driver front suspension (Mech. thinks it is a bushing as most parts are new)
Compressor clutch bearing rattles but is working great

That is it…..come check it out in person and I will be happy to make the car available for your mechanic to inspect (Friendswood, Texas area 77546). Asking $2,295.

Picture link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Civic-1991-91-Honda-Civic-Hatchback-DX-NICE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3911Q2ec0Q2em14QQh ashZitem2ea837c187QQitemZ200390721927QQptZUSQ5fCar sQ5fTrucks

gsrogers
10-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Car has been sold.....

Add your comment to this topic!