Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 accord : changing the front turn signal bulb

car_forum_user
10-04-2009, 08:42 PM
I apologize if this information is already available somewhere on this website; but I could find none on searching.

I need to change the front right turn signal bulb on my 98 accord. I checked the manual, but after trying for 30 mins, still could not access the bulb.

It says to use a flat tip screwdriver to loosen a clip under the inner fender. After a long search, I managed to find one screw, and took it off. But it did not seem to make any difference. A bit frustrated, I tried to pull the rubber sheet (which it seems I need to remove to gain access to the light bulb) forcibly. There were some black clips that were holding this sheet to the car, and in forcing this sheet out, I think I broke one; it does not fit back into the slot now.

Interestingly, these black clips go all around the front wheel. While the 2-3 located under the headlights (of which I broke 1) do not have such a shape that I can use a screwdriver to relax them, the ones at the other end seemed like they could be taken out using a flat screwdriver.

Anybody has any idea what exactly I need to do ?

Compared to the turn signal, replacing the headlight bulb was a piece of cake.

Thanks.

BullShifter
10-05-2009, 08:45 PM
You need to removed the fender liner far enough to stick you arm in there. Don't brake too many clips or that liner will get ripped off by the tire one fo these days. Try spraying the clips with penetrating oil before removing them.

somick
10-12-2009, 12:12 AM
There is a kind of opening next to the light on my son's 95 LX. There is a screw in this opening that holds entire assembly . See if your 98 has the same design.

Sam

Add your comment to this topic!