Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

RSX Type S mods and times?

jwad1584
04-06-2003, 11:15 PM
Hey,

I just bought a 2003 RSX Type S and need some opinions.
I'm in school now so the money is limited, but I just bought an AEM Cold Air Intake System and a JDM exhaust system. What else can I do?
Also I have been looking around for the 0 to 60 specs, the 1/4 mile, and the top speed. Some places said it was 6.1 which I do not believe with a quarter of 14.8. I also heard it was 6.9 with a quarter time of 15.4 so what is the truth? Also what is the top speed. I saw that the 2002 was 130, but i was going 133 in mine a few days ago.
Thanks for the help!

KeGrO
04-06-2003, 11:21 PM
money is tight with a '03 type S?? i wish my money was tight like yours

jwad1584
04-06-2003, 11:30 PM
yeah im pretty much limited to just paying for the car and the insurance and that takes about all the money i make since i dont have a lot of time to work since im in school, but i want more speed but im new to this game so please help anything

thanks

BhSAsiAnBOi
04-10-2003, 10:05 PM
Hey! DOode I feel you about the money. YES! I'm school too, but I got myself a pretty good deal if you say so. I got Greddy Evo Full Cat-Back exhaust and Injen short-ram intake for a totall of $800. So if you ever have 800 bucks in your pocket I recommend you to buy those aftermarket parts, because they give you a nice sound and the performace is totally different! My 03 Type-s when I reach 5,500 RPM it gives off this cool and totally different sound and I thought it was COol. So its up to you to what you want.....

jwad1584
04-11-2003, 01:07 AM
hey thanks man...

but i just bought a JDM catback exhaust system and an AEM cold air intake system for about the same price ...

thanks again ... drive on drive on

laters

GTi-VR6_A3
04-11-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by BhSAsiAnBOi
My 03 Type-s when I reach 5,500 RPM it gives off this cool and totally different sound and I thought it was COol

that is your VTEC son...

-GTi-VR6_A3

jwad1584
04-11-2003, 01:59 AM
lol great point

GTi-VR6_A3
04-11-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by jwad1584
lol great point

yeah well i just told the truth. adding a cat back and an intake wont make a new noise at 5.5k rpm it just amplifies a noise that is already there...

-GTi-VR6_A3

talon177
04-11-2003, 01:04 PM
Hey guys if any of you are looking for some rsx parts, or rims for your car please check out this thread http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=886656&t=8206

Thanks

jwad1584
04-16-2003, 12:56 AM
hey guys,

good news, last weekend i was next to a 1998 Cobra, yeah one with 305 horses and we were both going 20 and both gunned it, and guess what i pulled away from the little bitch i heard him roar but his sound kept getting quieter and quieter also i was driving some more and i was next to a couple of buddies of mine and i was like damn you are going to beat me again, b/c one of them has a 2002 Camaro SS, but this guy was in a 2002 Subaru WRX. So at the light we just started off normal and at about 5 MPH we both took off...as i was getting out of first and punching it into second i had to swerve around a Grand Prix and when i came back around i was a 1/2 Car Length in front of him and he said he never let off the gas!!!! This may surprise you, but let me tell you it sure surprised the hell out of me...

KrNxRaCer00
04-16-2003, 11:41 AM
:huh: at one time...u were racing a cobra? then after that...u ran an ss? an then u ran a wrx from a STOP an u beat all three? sorry, but unless the wrx alone (the slowest of the three) would be plenty to beat u...especially from a stop w/ awd. ur story doesn't really make much sense...plz clean it up so ppl can understand.

jwad1584
04-16-2003, 05:16 PM
hey man, it was a clear story learn how to read i saw some guys in a SS and then 1/2 hour later there was the same dude in a WRX which i beat weird yes but i beat it and the cobra thing was just hilarious cuz he has to feel like a bitch so i have no idea what happened i was confused too but hey i must be a great driver

KrNxRaCer00
04-16-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by jwad1584
but hey i must be a great driver

o he was a bad driver :D . run some mid 14's in ur car (as is) an then u'll be a good driver.

jwad1584
04-16-2003, 09:14 PM
i dont see how you can be that bad of a driver... and i probably will run mid 14s and plus no time to lie here i was just telling the truth why would i try to look good on an automotive forum ... ever think about that? i was just saying how unbelievable it was thats all

KrNxRaCer00
04-16-2003, 09:54 PM
i never said that u DIDN'T beat him. i don't doubt ppl on here (unless they say they beat a cobra w/ a stock civic dx), all i said was in a jokingly way, OR he was a bad driver. ur so defensive about it, when i've not even said that u didn't. read my posts, not once did i say that u didn't...i simply said in the 1st one it was difficult to read.

as for mid 14's in a type s w/ i/e...gl...frien w/ i/e/brushings/hondata is even w/ me, an i'll be happy to hit high 14's...not saying its impossible, but not everyone can drive like kenny tran...

ooo...an how can someone be that bad of a driver? ask the guy who was jus learning to drive a clutch who got spanked by me in my gsr vs his type r. driver is HUGE in races...95% of the time...if a car is within .5 seconds of u...it is beatable if they are weak an u are average...

jwad1584
04-16-2003, 10:14 PM
yeah i would definately be considered an idiot if i said i beat an SS but that is why i think i pretty much beat a WRX even tho it wasnt right off the line, but still it should of beat me from a 5 mph start... they are 5.8 0 to 60 and my car is somewhere from 6.1 (tested car and driver) but hey im not mario andretti so im probably around the slower motor trend test of 6.7 but still aint too bad... This upcoming wknd im installing my AEM intake and Exhaust and i was wondering if i will be able to tell on the performance side...? also does the intake make a big difference on the sound...? I'm just pumped to install the two because the CAI was tested for an extra 20.7 horses on an RSX Type S in Import Tuner May 2003 issue. i guess we will have to see tho
....laters

KrNxRaCer00
04-16-2003, 11:02 PM
the IT mag tested an i/h/e for that power. ur i/e will give u around...12-15hp. (the k series motors seem to love the simple bolt ons. u won't be like "O DAMN THIS IS QUICK NOW." but ur numbers would show it a bit...prolly lower ur 1/4 time about .1 a second. if ur car is stock...then i'd say look for times in the low 15's...but they love mods...so jus keep up w/ them. 'm jealous of the motors :D (atleast how much easier it is to get some power from them)

electric_
05-09-2003, 05:40 AM
JUST A THOUGHT ACCORDING TO SOME MAGAZINE I THINK IT WAS SUPER STREET OR SOMETHING AN AEM COLD AIR INTAKE AND AN INJEN COLD AIR WILL ADD 20 and 19 whp to the rsx type s so mid 14's is possible

electric_
05-09-2003, 05:44 AM
nevermind im an idiot it was a dc and the mag was IT

electric_
05-09-2003, 05:46 AM
Anyone know a good site where there is a good all motor rsx? i have a 230 some hp ls/vtec integ but i was thinking bout getting an rsx and how much hp i could squeeze out of it all motor

Add your comment to this topic!