Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

stock muffler

strodda
04-06-2003, 10:35 PM
im looking for an ex or any other stock dualtip muffler. are there any places i can buy them? all i ever see is high performance or straight-through styles. i like the look of mine now, but i dont like the sound anymore. i want it quiet. especially since ill be getting a new motor, i dont want to stand out and be heard coming down the street.

hondaman-iac
04-06-2003, 11:18 PM
stuff potatoes in one of the pipes :D

go to a muffler shop, but they will be expensive. my single outlet muffler was 100, and the 2 outlet is around 150. anyway i need to install my thermal this week:sun:

strodda
04-06-2003, 11:27 PM
man, my idea was almost as bad as that. i was going to have one of my silencers welded closed, since its a dual tip. that way it should cut down the noise somewhat. oh hell... maybe i will do tha. that way i can keep the look and get rid of the sound, hopefully.

CivicSkater
04-07-2003, 11:12 AM
Strodda, let me know if your gonna sell the one you have right now, ill be more than happy to take it off your hands.:D

KrNxRaCer00
04-07-2003, 08:03 PM
check a local "pull-a-part" or a junk yard. mite get lucky an find one for cheap that'll jus need a lil tlc an then it'll be fine.

DemonicAccord
04-09-2003, 12:35 PM
do it right the first time. i know cost is an issue but you get a VERY good straight through muffler from REMUS that will give you the power you want with a sound level not too much greater than say, a 55AMG at full throttle. all that and they look bad ass and will last forever

here....

http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/home.asp?dir=detail&cat=6&cat_name=Parts&sub_id=23&id=162&sub_name=Exhausts&sec_id=15&sec_name=Remus&options=1

and you can even listen to them first!

strodda
04-09-2003, 02:59 PM
i like the twin "future" muffler, but damn, $400!!! for that price, if i wanna do it right, i may as well shop around and get a full catback. i think ill just stick with what i have. i wanna save every dollar to put towards my swap.

Add your comment to this topic!