Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tamiya and Testors

oblaise
04-06-2003, 10:14 PM
I am about to purchase some of Testors Flat Enamels, mainly because this is what I have become acoustomed to using, and I cant find any Tamiya Enamels. My question is, if it is possible to mix Tamiya Primer the gray one, and paint over it with testors Flat enamel. This is for the interior of my model, I am using Tamiya Spray Lacquer for the body. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thakyou in advance.

D[X]P
04-06-2003, 10:21 PM
why do u want primier in the interior?

Vyacheslav
04-06-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by oblaise
I am about to purchase some of Testors Flat Enamels, mainly because this is what I have become acoustomed to using, and I cant find any Tamiya Enamels. My question is, if it is possible to mix Tamiya Primer the gray one, and paint over it with testors Flat enamel. This is for the interior of my model, I am using Tamiya Spray Lacquer for the body. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thakyou in advance.
i use tamiya acrylic, and i would recomend them to u if u want a nice finish

TheSyndicate
04-06-2003, 10:22 PM
Should be fine. Most primers are (I believe) enamel based, so you won't run into any mixing problems.

phase5
04-07-2003, 08:13 AM
i have used tamiya clear over testors enamel and i have used testors enamels over tamiya arcyl and no prob

Vric
04-07-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by TheSyndicate
Should be fine. Most primers are (I believe) enamel based, so you won't run into any mixing problems.

Not sure, but in worst case, Enamel go over Acrylic without problem (but not Acrylic over Enamel)

It's fun, here I have all the Tamiya Paint, but no primer hehe

oblaise
04-07-2003, 01:38 PM

I want to prime the interior because I think it makes it easier to paint. plus the base color for my interior is grey.

i use tamiya acrylic, and i would recomend them to u if u want a nice finish

yea I was reading the past post, on tamiya acrylic, I like what i heard, but I am not sure. Doesnt it take like 2 coats or something like that.

I am probably gonna get a mix between Tamiya Acrylics' and some Testors Flat Enamels for my Interior. I am going to stick with the Tamiyas Spray Laquer. Thanks for the help.

ales
04-07-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by D[X]P

Because he's smart! ;) :p

Toksin
04-07-2003, 06:02 PM

I saw this thread and thought it said "Tamiya and Terrorists"...

I'm going back to bed...:bloated:

endlesskev86
04-07-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Toksin

I saw this thread and thought it said "Tamiya and Terrorists"...

I'm going back to bed...:bloated:

LOL........:silly2:

Add your comment to this topic!