Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Strongest Supra Engine??

2of9
04-06-2003, 09:54 PM
:flash: wut's the strongest most powerful Supra engine??? cuz i went to the Skyline GTR threads, and i read that a skyline GTR engine had 1500 horses!! If the Supra had that much horses, which car would win, the Supra or the GTR??

phatdex
04-07-2003, 04:55 PM
There are lots of Supras in Japan with well over 1000HP. The prob is, most Jap competition is on street tyres, not slicks. They have GTR's doing 8's on Nitto 555R's. Even the most powerful supras only do low 10's to high 9's on Nitto's.
4WD on the GTR makes all the difference on street tyres. I dunno about slicks, would prob make a big diff for the supra.
But in Japan at least, where they have access to every performance part known to the import scene, the GTR is definately King.
In my opinion the 2JZ is better than the RB26, so more HP is probably obtainable from the 2JZ being 3L VS 2.6 etc etc.

Amish_kid
04-07-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Silver_GTR34
:flash: wut's the strongest most powerful Supra engine??? cuz i went to the Skyline GTR threads, and i read that a skyline GTR engine had 1500 horses!! If the Supra had that much horses, which car would win, the Supra or the GTR??
1500 hp?
geez most i ever heard of was 1300 and it was never done the guy from exvitermini.com gave up on it
i don't even think 1500 is possible unless its an all out dragcar b/c there is no way it would be 1500 street legal horse power

phatdex
04-08-2003, 04:43 PM
HKS GTR has 1400hp at the wheels.

2of9
04-09-2003, 03:02 PM
like wut amish kid said, 1500 HP is drag power... but yea, i do agree that the 2JZ engine is better than the RB26 though, thanx for replying

kaoru-tochiro
04-09-2003, 03:09 PM
A Chevy top fueler can do 6000 hp from 500 cubic inches. Why bother modifying a Skyline in drag?

phatdex
04-09-2003, 05:28 PM
Thats a top fueller! U r comparing it to a car that drives to the start line, and drives back to the start line for the next run. It never gets towed. The only reason its not street legal is coz u would get pulled over so quick it aint funny, not coz it aint driveable.
And 500 cubic inches! That is like 10L or something, u are comparing it to a 2.6L car!!! The car also runs on race petrol, not alcohol.

Try driving a top fueller back to the start line.

kaoru-tochiro
04-09-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by phatdex
Thats a top fueller! U r comparing it to a car that drives to the start line, and drives back to the start line for the next run. It never gets towed. The only reason its not street legal is coz u would get pulled over so quick it aint funny, not coz it aint driveable.
And 500 cubic inches! That is like 10L or something, u are comparing it to a 2.6L car!!! The car also runs on race petrol, not alcohol.

Try driving a top fueller back to the start line.

Oh... so that's why.:D

slix
04-13-2003, 06:43 PM
The jun akira supra is a beast. Over 1400 hp and reaches speeds of over 250mph

flylwsi
04-16-2003, 03:48 PM
but yea, i do agree that the 2JZ engine is better than the RB26 though, thanx for replying

funny, it seems to me that you said the opposite, or implied the opposite in the skyline forum.

the most power out of a skyline was a study by nissan, which made 1600hp.

the venom racing tacoma, which has a supra motor in it, makes 1300 or so hp, and run's high 7s in the 1/4.
not a street ride, no, but that's what can be made.

your question also leaves a lot to be answered.

are we talking about a drag car? or a street car? street tires? slicks?

if you went with a rwd skyline with 1600hp and slicks, it would win... or would it?

if you went with a full tube frame drag car like the venom tacoma (but with a supra body) you'd run 7s.
so what's the parameters of the question...

which would win if they were street legal/drag cars
which would win if they ran street/drag tires...

narrow it down.

11 sec. mr2
04-16-2003, 07:48 PM
although the 2jz-gte is a very strong motor. im going to have to say that the 1jz-gte is prolly the strongest. although it hasnt been tested anywhere near its limits. it has better head flow and the short stroke big bore promises considerable strength. plus a 7,000 stock red line really screams the engine revs very fast and with half a liter less and at 4psi less puts out the same Hp stock.really the only reason that no one has had more than 800rwhp on one is cause the engine doenst have much backing. they dont make manifolds to install a larger turbo. but ive seen a 1jz head installed on a 2jz block and made a 1.5jz which is what they have named the combo. and he is currently running low 11's on drag radials in a Mk3. so not trying to start a war just thorwing out the info and that just by looking at the two engines side by side. the 1jz is a bit more efficient than the 2jz but the 2jz has .5 liter more displacement.

phatdex
04-18-2003, 10:27 AM
A guy in HPI magazine is doing up a toyota soarer at the moment and he has 300rwkw at the moment with a T04 on his 1JZ.
They dont make the same power, its just that they both have to state 206KW, I have seen dynos of them both and the 2JZ does give more power.
I have never heard that the 1JZ head is better b4 tho.
They are almost the same engine as far as I knew except 500cc less for the 1JZ.

panozracer
04-20-2003, 03:15 PM
for the chevy man, lets do some math

500 cubic inch=6000 hp, also on nitro and running 56 psi
150 cubic inch=1500 hp, not on nitro and running maybe into the 40 psi
which one sound more efficient?
the ratio says the 500 has 1000 hp more but I am sure with 10 boost more and switching to nitro will well acommodate for the 150's 333 hp ratio difference, oh and don't forget the weight difference, and the fact that the 150 actually is a car.

11 sec. mr2
04-20-2003, 03:30 PM
guy just dyno'd his setup on a 1jz.

WELL I DYNOED AND TUNED AND THE RESULTS ARE FN GREAT HERE IS WHAT I
HAVE

1JZ-GTE(DUH)
GIKEN TWIN DISC(GOT LUCKY CAME WITH CLIP)
HKS 256 CAMS(THANKS ORIN WOULD HAVE NEVER KNEW IF I DID NOT CHECK)
GREDDY E-01
GREDDY E-MANAGE
SUMMIT RAD
TWIN HKS BB GT25'S
1PSC DRIVE SHAFT
SOGI HOOD MOD
1 HKS CAM GEAR

579 rwhp 527 rwtq @26 psi 12:1 a/f

that is on the stock bottom end and on twin turbos still. there are also many that have gone single turbos and are pushing 750+ rwhp on the stock bottom end and not topping out. the heads for the 1jz and the 2jz are differant and the 1jz has better flow through the head. the 2jz has good flow but just not as good as the 1jz.

the 2jz has 280 hp @ 14psi where the 1jz yields the same 280hp but at 10psi. you bump the boost to the stock 2jz levels and you are nipping at the 400 hp mark. the engine just was only utilized for a few years and the when the 2jz came out aftermarket backing went more for the newer larger motor. if you could put a larger turbo onto the 1jz it would be able to produce the same amount of hp and strength as the 2jz but with less boost. and due to its more efficient nature could theoretically be slightly stronger.

N3M3515
05-20-2006, 03:33 PM
1520whp street legal supra dyno video http://thumbs.vidiac.com/comment/3F405AB8-E967-4780-A552-DF98AA6E11BD.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3F405AB8-E967-4780-A552-DF98AA6E11BD.htm)

kachok25
08-31-2006, 03:40 PM
up untill very recently the fastest street legal car in the world was a 1600hp Supra that ran 8.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile. I tend to think that the Supras have just slightly more potental.

flyinMKIV
08-31-2006, 11:51 PM
Ok fellas, first off the video you have posted up and the car which is the fastest street legal car that ran a 8.5 or whatever you wrote are both the same car and it was really an 8.4 and made only 1520 to the wheels, I know because I know the owner, try doing some research for those of you who want to just spout off at the chance. No offense

Second, why do you even bother argueing about or even disscussing the topic to begin with, it is an old topic that has been argued, disscussed, and fought over for years, please give it a rest. Every car has it's strengths and weaknesses. You can talk about it all day long and not sway one thought or oppinion over in ethier direction. They are both different cars and perform differently. But as for which supra has the stronger motor you would be talking about which one can take more abuse in a stock form and that would be the 2jz-gte out of a 93-00 supra. I understand that the 1jz has better flow numbers in the head and so fourth. But without otuching the motor and leaving it with stock internals, the 2jz can make more power and torque than a 1jz, no offense to the MKIII owners on this board in any way, but most that have been here as long as I have will tell you the same thing. It's not a bragging right or anything like that, it's just technology and engineering advanced enough to build a stronger motor.

2.2 Straight six
10-07-2006, 05:57 AM
The jun akira supra is a beast. Over 1400 hp and reaches speeds of over 250mph

nope, the akira supra hit 249mph.

beyondloadedSE
11-01-2006, 03:24 PM
There are lots of Supras in Japan with well over 1000HP. The prob is, most Jap competition is on street tyres, not slicks. They have GTR's doing 8's on Nitto 555R's. Even the most powerful supras only do low 10's to high 9's on Nitto's.

the fastest 4th gen supra runs 7.90s, which by the way, is on drag radials.

I know Marko put down over 1500 to the wheels before he upgraded GT47 turbo.

flyinMKIV
11-02-2006, 01:55 AM
uhhh, afraid not my friend. Vinny ten has was running in the deep 6's for at least a year now and has probably gotten faster. I don't keep up with it anymore but I do know he went sub 7's. And Marko sold his car and is now working on corvettes as he has now started to sell his own design for a turbo or twin turbo kit for them now.

beyondloadedSE
11-02-2006, 03:46 PM
uhhh, afraid not my friend. Vinny ten has was running in the deep 6's for at least a year now and has probably gotten faster. I don't keep up with it anymore but I do know he went sub 7's. And Marko sold his car and is now working on corvettes as he has now started to sell his own design for a turbo or twin turbo kit for them now.

Perhaps, 7.90s is the worlds fastest street legal supra. I was told by the guy that has the worlds fastest Lexus SC300, so I'm guessing he knows what hes talking about. http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/images/smilies/ubb/shrug.gif I realized Marko sold his car, but I heard he upgraded his GT-47 even after that dyno.

Add your comment to this topic!