Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ebay seller:rccrsarahdc2009

DJ RUSH99
10-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Hello guys!

I'm going to buy an item from this (http://myworld.ebay.com/rccrsarahdc2009) ebay seller,but i saw his feedback,and i'm worried:screwy:

If somebody knows the seller or knows something about him,write here for me please!

Thank you

stevenoble
10-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Hello guys!

I'm going to buy an item from this (http://myworld.ebay.com/rccrsarahdc2009) ebay seller,but i saw his feedback,and i'm worried:screwy:

If somebody knows the seller or knows something about him,write here for me please!

Thank you

I think you answered your own question. If you are worried by his feedback leave well alone and buy from somewhere else.....

DJ RUSH99
10-01-2009, 07:13 PM
I think you answered your own question. If you are worried by his feedback leave well alone and buy from somewhere else.....

Yes,you're right,but I revised his feedback,and in many cases the customer was uninformed,for example: the buyer gave negative feedback for rccrsarahdc2009 because "item not given"..and the sellers answer is: "you paid surface mail 45-65 days, filed the dispute and I refunded you first"

And I don't understand ,that many people gave positive feedback for this guy ("Perfect&Fast ship !! Thank you!,Thanks!Excellent buy",etc.) but on the other hand, lot of buyers said: "it never came,Seller never sent items, no explanation given, extremely poor service":eek7:

racer93
10-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Hello guys!

Thank you

Bought from them with no problem. I would suggest making sure they add the "extra" box for protection. I ordered some front fork sets for some MotoGP bikes and they arrived perfectly, but not so sure about larger boxes...

Daniel

gasdriverca
10-02-2009, 01:21 PM
I've had no problems with them but yeah I would get the extra box because I got a jit and the box was squashed & they only wrapped it in green paper!

countach79
10-02-2009, 05:30 PM
same here, got the item but should have got the extra box

DJ RUSH99
10-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Thank you for the comments,guys!

Didymus
10-05-2009, 12:28 AM
To see neutral and negative feedback about eBay sellers, check out http://toolhaus.org/

Ddms

Ghostmancrx
10-05-2009, 02:10 AM
I have bought 2 mercedes kits from this seller, shippment was 1-2 weeks but both boxes was smashed by postal office and cos of porly packing many items in both boxes are broken like windows and car body. so a bigger box with better packing is a must

SL%%
10-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Hello guys!

Thank you

Hi, I'm a newbie here and this is a great forum both real cars and scale model cars. Regarding about this seller, DO NOT, I REAPEAT, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER. If you encounter any problems, it WILL TAKE YOU FOREVER to settle. I bought a Masterwork Collection last Aug, it arrived as in wrecked, had to cement everything back. Asking for a refund, DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO DO IT. We agreed on exchange and up to now I don't have my car. PPPOOORRR SELLER DO NOT BUY. Take it from me

star21
10-12-2009, 03:17 AM
don't buy from her! she's horrible at answering e-mails (pretends she doesn't even know your order). she gave me a fake tracking # (which even took 1 1/2 to get after constantly asking). I finally got a full refund from ebay. I've heard from other friends online they've received boxes smashed if they even got it because she didn't use an extra shipping box (just used the one the model came in). This shouldn't be an EXTRA option, it should be REQUIRED! Its common freakin sense, especially as a professional seller. I'm glad ebay revised some of their seller terms & conditions and now REQUIRE sellers to be responsible for the items from once the item ships to the moment the buyer receives it. No more "I'm not responsible if you don't buy the insurance option".

BEWARE!... of Hong Kong sellers in general but if you really, really have to look for the ones that have top-rated seller status. Believe it or not there are some out there. Good luck!

j mac
10-21-2009, 01:31 PM
To see neutral and negative feedback about eBay sellers, check out http://toolhaus.org/

Ddms

Thanks for the link to toolhaus. I’ve been using http://www.goofbay.com/ but they are much slower. Both, however, are a good resource for researching prospective ebay sellers. I do like the instant results provided with toolhaus though.

Speaking of research, here’s a little fact I discovered about rccrsarahdc2009. Rccrsarahdc2009 was previously known as “bboykorea382” only 6 months ago. Some of you may be very familiar with this lying jerk-wad. Apparently ebay suspended him back in March (2009) for his many deceitful practices including feedback extortion, and wrongly issuing non-payment strikes against buyers as retaliation for negative feedback left, even after they had paid immediately through paypal. What an idiot!

Unfortunately, bboykorea382 just re-registered his account under the name of rccrsarahdc2009 only 3-4 weeks later. Actually, he registered two accounts, the other one being “happyrobotstore”. That way, should he be suspended again, he’ll only have half of his operation shut down. Very sinister I would say.

Also, rccrsaarahdc2009/happyrobotstore has been previously suspended numerous times under his many prior aliases. He just keeps re-registering his account and continues with his despicable practices with little if any consequence. He sells Bandai/Gundam items under his happyrobotstore name, and obviously Tamiya/Fujimi products under his rccrsarahdc2009 name. Even worse is the fact that he came back with a clean slate and was now eligible for “Power Seller” status. How the bloody hell can ebay allow this? :banghead: Predictably, however, his 5 star ratings (Detailed Seller’s Ratings – DSR’S) are sinking lower and lower, and he will eventually lose the discounts associated with being a Power Seller. Under the new ebay rules, a high number of 1 and 2 star ratings will cause the discontinuation of one’s Power Seller status, and thankfully he will never meet the criteria for “Top Rated Seller” status.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND PURCHASING FROM rccrsarahdc2009 or happyrobotstore! The few quid you might save are certainly not worth your time nor the headache! SL%% and star21’s comments are right on the mark. Nothing but lies, poor packaging, damaged merchandise (if you even receive it, I didn’t), delayed shipping times, fake tracking numbers, more lies, more time wasted… Big headache! DON’T DO IT! :thumbsdow

TurboGuru
10-28-2009, 03:36 PM
OK,

About a day after I had purchased a kit from happyrobotstore I stumbled across this thread, (this was all last week).
I've never had a problem with any seller on ebay (I have 100 transactions).

The kit was rare so I really couldn't go anywhere else and coming across this thread really got me worried.
I ordered the kit 9 days ago and it arrived today (thats China to UK). So as you can imagine I am really happy it arrived. If you google the sellers name you will come across threads with horror stories so you can imagine how I felt.
Thankfully though, those threads provided useful information on how best to avoid bad service with this guy. So here are some tips of those of you who have already bought the item as I did:

1. Make a note of the day you bought the item and then work out the date 40 days from now. Ebay will not allow you to file a dispute after 45 days of winning the auction. This way by day 40 if your item hasn't arrived you can begin raising a dispute. (According to threads he will try and stall you until 45 days are up).

2. Email him about your item - is it dispatched etc? ... according to the threads this will push him to make sure the item is sent and that you are actively waiting for the item.

3. Finally, as viewed in his feedback he has notoriously bad feedback for his packaging... he will ask you after the auction if you want to pay an extra $5 for registered airmail and an outerbox - I suggest you choose this!.... I got my item in 10 days where as other people have been waiting whole months!

The outerbox is a joke lol, its actually cardboard wrapped around the box - however I can't complain too much because the actual kit box is fine so its done its job...lets just say it isn't really an 'outer box'.
Following the guides above I got my item in a speedy 10 days and in very good condition so I'm pretty happy - he's done a good job on this transaction.

Finally for those who have already paid and been told their item has been shipped (without registered mail) I suggest you make a note of the expiry date for filing a dispute (usually 45 days from the date you bought the item).

Right, time to start building this kit! :ylsuper:

jano11
10-28-2009, 05:24 PM
I ordered about 15 kits from this seller under it's different names in the last 2 years.
All the kits arrived within maximum 3 weeks from the date of purchase, and if there was a problem with a dented box or a broken part I've got a new one or was reimbursed.

However I always asked and paid for a cardboard box, and always signaled the problems and used photos to prove my point.

TurboGuru
10-28-2009, 05:33 PM
I ordered about 15 kits from this seller under it's different names in the last 2 years.
All the kits arrived within maximum 3 weeks from the date of purchase, and if there was a problem with a dented box or a broken part I've got a new one or was reimbursed.

However I always asked and paid for a cardboard box, and always signaled the problems and used photos to prove my point.

Nice one - yeah I guess its safer to pay the extra for registered mail and an outer box. Provided you 'make regular contact' with him I guess things are ok.

I didn't use him because of the low cost, it was simply the fact that he was selling a rare kit I couldn't find anywhere else.

j mac
11-24-2009, 10:47 PM
It looks like rccrsarahdc2009 has been suspended by ebay again. This is only the 4th time in less than 18 months. For all who have purchased from him recently, good luck getting your merchandise.

TurboGuru, good looking out, and good advice. I'm sure it'll be appreciated.

star21
11-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Make a note of the day you bought the item and then work out the date 40 days from now. Ebay will not allow you to file a dispute after 45 days of winning the auction. This way by day 40 if your item hasn't arrived you can begin raising a dispute. (According to threads he will try and stall you until 45 days are up).

Yes, he does try to do this and tried to do this to me. It took forever to get a tracking number from him (and it was a fake one anyway). Ebay is definitely getting better at customer service though. They're taking a "zero-tolerance" approach to things and simply giving the buyer their money back if they haven't gotten things resolved.

I personally for international orders wait about a month or so (depending on if the seller keeps contact w/ me) and then I'll file a dispute immediately. Keep in mind you can always retract or resolve the issue with ebay and does not affect the seller's reputation status.

racer93
11-25-2009, 11:42 AM
FYI, I purchased on 10/10/09 a 1/12 Tamiya Tyrrell 003 from this seller. R'cvd today, 11/25/09. The only thing I should have done is to request an extra box, as mine was a little crumpled, but all pieces and parts are present and OK. Would do again, but with an extra box (went against my better judgement...

Daniel

jano11
11-25-2009, 12:47 PM
I've bought from this seller under all names and always got my parts.
Once I've got a dented box and once a kit with a broken part, both times I've been fully reimbursed.
Shipping took around 3 weeks.

j mac
11-28-2009, 03:43 PM
OK,

3. Finally, as viewed in his feedback he has notoriously bad feedback for his packaging... he will ask you after the auction if you want to pay an extra $5 for registered airmail and an outerbox - I suggest you choose this!.... I got my item in 10 days where as other people have been waiting whole months!

The outerbox is a joke lol, its actually cardboard wrapped around the box - however I can't complain too much because the actual kit box is fine so its done its job...lets just say it isn't really an 'outer box'.

[quote=racer93;6070140]FYI, I purchased on 10/10/09 a 1/12 Tamiya Tyrrell 003 from this seller. R'cvd today, 11/25/09. The only thing I should have done is to request an extra box, as mine was a little crumpled, but all pieces and parts are present and OK. Would do again, but with an extra box (went against my better judgement...

Daniel

Just so you know, the "outer box" isn't really an outer box as Turboguru indicated. It is just a piece of cardboard trimmed to fit around the sides of the box. There is no protection for the top or bottom of the box and no bubble wrap, just green paper. So depending on where you reside, it may or may not be enough to protect your kit. If you're one of those who ends up waiting months to get your kit, there's a good chance the "extra protection" isn't adequate to protect your package during its long journey and it may just end up being a big waste of money. Many have complained of receiving damaged merchandise in spite of paying for the so called "outer box".

Also the extra shipping charge will vary depending on what you purchased, and may therefore offset the perceived savings based on your purchase price + shipping and handling + "outer box" fees + tracking number fees. Let's just say the "outer box" fee doesn't give you a reasonabe guarantee that you will receive your merchandise in satisfactory condition. It's just more in fees for minimal effort and minimal protection, which equals maximum money in his pocket.

jano11
11-28-2009, 04:29 PM
In my case the 'cardboard box' was wrapped all around the kit, not only on the sides.
It certainly isn't as effective as a real box but it's better than just paper. If anything happens to your kit do not hesitate to complain through PayPal and you'll get your money fully or partially reimbursed.

j mac
11-28-2009, 06:12 PM
In my case the 'cardboard box' was wrapped all around the kit, not only on the sides.
It certainly isn't as effective as a real box but it's better than just paper. If anything happens to your kit do not hesitate to complain through PayPal and you'll get your money fully or partially reimbursed.

I'm glad you had positive results with your transactions. I wasn't so lucky. The kits that I did receive were smashed with minor damage to some of the body parts which I was able to fix but still, I shouldn't have to do this, and 1 kit was never received.

Numerous emails went unanswered so I finally filed a dispute and went around and around with this idiot for almost 3 weeks. He even tried to contact me privately outside of the resolution center which many others warned he would try to do. He stalled and stalled asking for further contact information each time with lame excuses and vague responses never once answering my concerns, and never once sending me the tracking number that I had so many times requested.

Paypal finally forced the refund, so I did end up getting my money back for the model I never received, but it was a painful transaction for which there is no excuse. Furthermore, in all of the many purchases I've made from numerous overseas sellers, I've never had to pay extra money for stronger packaging, nor have I ever had to pay extra money for a tracking number!

I've bid on items from ebay sellers all over the world, many being from China, and almost always receive my items in 10 days or less. Some in as little as 5 days with no extra charge for faster shipping, and the seller has always taken into account the fragility of the items that I purchased and took care to package them accordingly. All of these extra charges are ridiculous! Many ebay sellers send the tracking number without my even having to ask for it.

You can see why I'm extremely unimpressed with rccrsarahdc2009 and happyrobotstore. I'm even more unimpressed with ebay for allowing such a deceiptful person to continue selling on ebay. It's no surprise that he's had both of his accounts suspended. After all, he's been suspended numerous times in the past under numerous different seller names. It is surprising that ebay allows him to re-register his account each time only to come back and continue selling under a new name with no consequence for his deceiptful practices!

If I knew about all of this before I made the decision to purchase from rccrsarahdc2009, I could have saved myself from this painful transaction. At least others who read this can make a more informed decision.

Cheers and happy bidding!

racer93
11-29-2009, 07:57 AM
[quote=TurboGuru;6057461]OK,

Just so you know, the "outer box" isn't really an outer box as Turboguru indicated. It is just a piece of cardboard trimmed to fit around the sides of the box. There is no protection for the top or bottom of the box and no bubble wrap, just green paper. So depending on where you reside, it may or may not be enough to protect your kit. If you're one of those who ends up waiting months to get your kit, there's a good chance the "extra protection" isn't adequate to protect your package during its long journey and it may just end up being a big waste of money. Many have complained of receiving damaged merchandise in spite of paying for the so called "outer box".

Also the extra shipping charge will vary depending on what you purchased, and may therefore offset the perceived savings based on your purchase price + shipping and handling + "outer box" fees + tracking number fees. Let's just say the "outer box" fee doesn't give you a reasonabe guarantee that you will receive your merchandise in satisfactory condition. It's just more in fees for minimal effort and minimal protection, which equals maximum money in his pocket.

I'm sorry you've had such a problem ordering from this person.

I've ordered twice and haven't had a problem. (Yes, you can say I was lucky on the second time w/out a box.) The first time I had an outer box or protection. The second time I didn't and it probably would have prevented the cosmetic damage that my model's box suffered, seeing what happened to my first purchase.

I think the time was ok, given that it was shipped via surface parcel. I ddin't need it immediately. Had I, then I would have ordered it the faster way. (I can't remember the name...)

I've had numerous correspondence with this person. They always answered my questions within a day or two and were always nice about it. That's my experience.

Daniel

stevenoble
11-29-2009, 08:49 AM
I don't see the point of buying my kits from people like this..?? Ones who package them badly, don't send them at all or don't respond to e-mails when you send them. There are plenty of good sellers on e bay and plenty of trustworthy online retailers that offer far better service. Sure it may cost a little more in the long run but what price peace of mind..?? There are sometimes, people who do get what they have paid for and it's in good condition, I don't doubt that. But it seems for every one satisfied customer there are ten unsatisfied ones..... The feedback says it all, appalling...!!!

racer93
11-29-2009, 10:56 AM
I don't see the point of buying my kits from people like this..?? Ones who package them badly, don't send them at all or don't respond to e-mails when you send them. There are plenty of good sellers on e bay and plenty of trustworthy online retailers that offer far better service. Sure it may cost a little more in the long run but what price peace of mind..?? There are sometimes, people who do get what they have paid for and it's in good condition, I don't doubt that. But it seems for every one satisfied customer there are ten unsatisfied ones..... The feedback says it all, appalling...!!!

For me, saving $40+ on one kit says it all. If it was $10-15, no way. But $40? Yup.

This seller DID respond to every one of my emails. The longest it took them was 72 hrs to respond (approx).

Daniel

stevenoble
11-29-2009, 12:22 PM
There are sometimes, people who do get what they have paid for and it's in good condition, I don't doubt that

You must be one of the lucky ones I referred to :)
Seriously though when I buy off e bay I always check out the feedback comments. You can tell the good sellers from the bad everytime. Some people may get a few negative feedbacks and still be reasonably good, but the ones who get consistently bad feedback then I avoid at all costs, no matter how much money I am saving... If people are good and reliable then the feedback reflects that. No seller racks up that amount of negative feedback by being anything but poor...

For me, saving $40+ on one kit says it all. If it was $10-15, no way. But $40? Yup.

This seller DID respond to every one of my emails. The longest it took them was 72 hrs to respond (approx).

Daniel

I agree with you $40 dollars, that's about £25 in my currency, yes it's a good saving on any kit. But I see the money I pay to a bad seller as a potential loss if I don't get my goods. I could lose the price of the kit, not save $40. I'd rather not take the chance. These days there's no such thing as a bargain, just my opinion...

racer93
11-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Seriously though when I buy off e bay I always check out the feedback comments. You can tell the good sellers from the bad everytime. Some people may get a few negative feedbacks and still be reasonably good, but the ones who get consistently bad feedback then I avoid at all costs, no matter how much money I am saving... If people are good and reliable then the feedback reflects that. No seller racks up that amount of negative feedback by being anything but poor...

I agree with you $40 dollars, that's about £25 in my currency, yes it's a good saving on any kit. But I see the money I pay to a bad seller as a potential loss if I don't get my goods. I could lose the price of the kit, not save $40. I'd rather not take the chance. These days there's no such thing as a bargain, just my opinion...

Now, you're exaggerating when you say there's a 1:10 ratio of good to bad experiences. That simply can't be the case as their feedback will tell you that. I have ordered twice from them and was satisfied both times. There are ways of dealing with people like this, safeguards. However, I don't see the need for paying that much more just for my "peace of mind" in terms of a kit. Now if it was a S27 or other resin kit worth hundreds of dollars...:runaround:

But seriously--this is the internet we're talking about. Why believe any of what others say and just do due diligence for yourself. I don't get the panic that surrounds this. Call me kooky...:screwy:

Of course, there are many things that modelers do that I think are just plain kooky, so I guess I can see where others could call me kooky for being frugal.

stevenoble
11-29-2009, 01:37 PM
Now, you're exaggerating when you say there's a 1:10 ratio of good to bad experiences. That simply can't be the case as their feedback will tell you that.

Have you seen the negative feedback received by this seller..?? Makes for interesting reading. You can't honestly say that all these people were wrong..??

Click here (http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=rccrsarahdc2009&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home)

racer93
11-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Have you seen the negative feedback received by this seller..?? Makes for interesting reading. You can't honestly say that all these people were wrong..??

Click here (http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=rccrsarahdc2009&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home)

No, I wasn't saying all of them were wrong--I was just saying it wasn't 1:10 ratio that you mentioned. That's all. Just pushing your buttons a little...:icon16:

jano11
11-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Now, you're exaggerating when you say there's a 1:10 ratio of good to bad experiences. That simply can't be the case as their feedback will tell you that. I have ordered twice from them and was satisfied both times. There are ways of dealing with people like this, safeguards. However, I don't see the need for paying that much more just for my "peace of mind" in terms of a kit. Now if it was a S27 or other resin kit worth hundreds of dollars...:runaround:

But seriously--this is the internet we're talking about. Why believe any of what others say and just do due diligence for yourself. I don't get the panic that surrounds this. Call me kooky...:screwy:

Of course, there are many things that modelers do that I think are just plain kooky, so I guess I can see where others could call me kooky for being frugal.

I pretty much agree with you. Everyone can decide for him/herself and buy a kit from a HK eBay dealer or from his local LHS for 2x the price. It's down to what habits each of us has.

stevenoble
11-29-2009, 02:53 PM
No, I wasn't saying all of them were wrong--I was just saying it wasn't 1:10 ratio that you mentioned. That's all. Just pushing your buttons a little...:icon16:

Hey, no problem :lol: Everyone has their own opinion.. No one's is right or wrong, it's up to the individual to decide.

star21
11-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Furthermore, in all of the many purchases I've made from numerous overseas sellers, I've never had to pay extra money for stronger packaging, nor have I ever had to pay extra money for a tracking number!

I absolutely agree. From my personal experience with the seller I've never gotten an e-mail asking if I wanted to purchase stronger packaging, nor, do I think I should have to pay additional for what should already be sufficient packaging. If that's the case INCLUDE it in the shipping cost to begin with!

Remember eBay has stepped up their efforts in having the seller assume responsibility from the time they ship the item till the time the buyer receives it. No more of that "I'm not responsible for what happens" garbage. Read it at the bottom of the page that eBay automatically inserts, "Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing".

Yes, I've gotten prompt responses from the seller myself but they were always vague and asked questions rather than answering the ones I inquired about (i.e. "did you pay for additional tracking?", "what was my order #?", "what was my name?", etc.). Why should I have to hound a seller down for these things? Yes, his negative feedback is not a crazy 1:10 ratio but when a seller gets that many negatives in such a short span (let's say 1 month) that's just plain ridiculous.

Call me crazy but I expect great service when forking over my $$ regardless of the price. :screwy:

Bottom line there are WAY better sellers than this one and around if not the same pricing.

Add your comment to this topic!