Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 LeSabre Window Support

cstruc
10-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Just bought a 95 LeSabre with only 126,000 kilometers on it but turns out the driver side door was replace for whatever reason. Turns out the driver's door was replace and while exploring to tighten the mirror I discovered the pillar that holds the front piece of glass in place is heavily rusted and doesn't provide much support.
I also have some rust above the windshield trim on the roof (as per what seems to be the norm). Is that specific pillar replaceable or does the whole door have to be replaced?

spinne1
10-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Just bought a 95 LeSabre with only 126,000 kilometers on it but turns out the driver side door was replace for whatever reason. Turns out the driver's door was replace and while exploring to tighten the mirror I discovered the pillar that holds the front piece of glass in place is heavily rusted and doesn't provide much support.
I also have some rust above the windshield trim on the roof (as per what seems to be the norm). Is that specific pillar replaceable or does the whole door have to be replaced?

The pillar comes out pretty easily. You remove the panel, then the screws at the top and bottom near the pillar and also the panel support below the door handle. It comes right off.

Add your comment to this topic!