Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.
Looking to buy a 2006 S80 Newbie questions
10-01-2009, 08:59 AM
Use to post on this newsgroup all the time about my Buick, thinking of buying a Volvo and need some advice.
I have seen the following at a Volvo dealership here in Canada:
Model: S80 2.5T 5cyl AWD
Mileage: 90k kilometers, 55k miles
I was wondering if someone could help answer these questions for me:
1) The dealer won't budge below $26,000 cdn, car was originally sold by them and they have a full service history, is the price too high? They are offering a Volvo CPO warranty until 2011. I have found pretty much the identical car, but through a small car dealer at $19,000. Is it worth paying the extra for a Volvo dealer?
2) The front headlamp has moisture inside the glass. Dealer refuses to replace headlamp saying its common among the S80's. Confirmend with other S80 on the lot which even had water in the lamp. Is it normal, or should i push for it to be replaced before buying?
3) Does the S80 use a timing belt or chain?
4) If belt when is it due for replacement?
5) For its age and mileage what services should it of had, and which ones is it due soon?
6) The engine was not perfectly smooth, for example with the door open you could feel the engine vibration a little, nothing too much, but not as smooth as my Buick 3.8 V6, is this normal?
7) Anything to watch out for when looking at a used S80?
Many thanks in advance.
This forum has been great reading and given me a real heads up.
Automotive Network, Inc., Copyright ©2013