Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Passenger Power Sliding Door Knocking Noise

kidfam
09-30-2009, 07:11 PM
I have a 1998 Oldsmobile Silhouette and when it opens or closes it makes a knocking noise. Has anyone experienced this problem and what is the fix?

kidfam
04-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Well the door has quit working all together. All I get now when I use the remote, door switch or overhead console switch is clicking behind the rear passenger side panel. I have tried all seset methods, battery, fuse pulling etc and still nothing. Heck it doesn't even buzz anymore if left open and put in gear. Note: I even cleaned all contacts with electrical cleaner but still nothing. Anyone has any clues now what to do?

roadrunner2
04-10-2011, 09:34 PM
You may need to remove the right rear panel and replace the module.

While you have the access, check all moving components and cable for binding or other obstruction.

merc81
04-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Take a close look at the cables that run from the door motor to the front and back of the door. These are plastic coated steel wires that pull the door open & closed. I've seen the coating get nicked/worn and begin stripping off the cable. When that happens, it gets fouled up in the motor winder and stops the motor from running.

kidfam
04-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Funny thing about this is that over the weekend I was going to pull the panel off. I removed the seat belt cover tugged on the wiring a little to see where they went but didn't get the rest of the panel pulled off as I had to go somewhere. Low and behold I tried the door and it is working again. Stupid van. I put the panels back on and left it. Why bother to do all that work if I don't have too.

Add your comment to this topic!