Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help. ears bleeding.

AtruEulogy
09-28-2009, 08:37 AM
Hey guys. this is for the 95 impreza 1.8 L wagon.

You guys have been great help. but since i baught this car. little problems started to occure. Not big problems. But little annoying ones. if anyone can help me figure htis one out, it would be fantastic.

Here the deal. Driving car fine yesterday, when all of a sudden a high pitch squeal starte. I realized it is the ignition. Its making the sound as thought the door was left open or the lights are on or the keys still in ignition. Its got the high pitch squeall to let you know you left somehting on. well now all doors shut. i checked all door buttons. and its still screaming at me. Is there a fuse for this stupid annoying ringing in my ear.? or do i have to take the ignition out. basically all doors shut tight and lights off. the thing just rings and rings. if i open door. it beeps. beeps beeps. i shut door it Screams.

What do i do. its not effecting the way the car runs. just my ears on my half hour drive to work every day. is there a easy fix to this. a fuse. or a way i can rip the speaker out wherever it is? help please.eeee.

Im going this week to have my mechanic put in a starter for me. but i cant stand this noise no longer. what do i do.

thanks.

WIll.

AtruEulogy
09-28-2009, 12:43 PM
hey, here the real question. When you open your door. and you get the door Chime to go off. Letting you know door open. or keys in ignition when car off. That beep. Where does it come from. I have my dash ripped apart. and cant find the stupid little speaker that is making my life a living hell right now. My ears hurt. my head is pounding. Somone tell me how to shut this stupid little speaker beep up. i cant even find it. Unless its attatched to back of guage clusters, that the onyl thing i dont have out. cause it wont come out easy.

HELP PLEASE>

RahX
09-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Unfortunately it is in the instrument cluster. There is a red/blue wire on the passenger side of the instrument cluster. It is the printed circuit board connector, should be pin 1, pin 2 may also work, it should be black/yellow.

AtruEulogy
10-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Well after moving some stuff around looking for them wires. i noticed a little silver almost quarter looking thing with three wires soddered to it. It was connected to the back side of the Ignition (where you put your key in), The three wires were tight, but the plate itself had some movement to it. Im wondering if that was a ground for the ignition system. So i tightened it up. started the car. and it seemed to fix the problem. Strange. Might have just been a ground or something. Hopefully it stays fixed. if it starts to happen again, then im going back to the wires you mentioned and try to disconnect that stupid speaker.

RahX
10-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Well it might have shorted the key reminder which would cause that crazyness, good find!

Add your comment to this topic!