Operation soarer killer!

16G_dsm
09-27-2009, 05:55 AM
Ok just for the record it's nothin against soarers but the guys who own them here are to cock about them! So me and my cousin are building a 92 6bolt that we are in the process of purchasing to eat alive there whole posey of soarers. I will be putting down my first payment of at least $750 on the 30th then I will only owe $2550. And yes it's a five speed. Pics will be posted when we revive the car , any donations for this build would be amazing !:p

vanilla gorilla
09-27-2009, 11:08 AM
I dont know too much about Soarers. I know they made a Lexus knockoff.....SC400 I think? Were any Soarers Supra powered?

16G_dsm
09-27-2009, 02:51 PM
No there were no 2jz soarers if so my goal would be a feat unatainable haha. The soarers come with a 1jz tt engine from the dealer, but the ones I'm tryin to run with have big singles.

vanilla gorilla
09-28-2009, 01:06 AM
Oh I hear ya. Man them big singles are hard to fuck with on the highway.

16G_dsm
09-28-2009, 02:23 AM
Meh never said I was going to be running a small turbo my self Lol. Only problem with a 4 cylinder and a big turbo is the spool up time. But with a good tune ur set

cantgo2fast
09-28-2009, 05:52 PM
I dont know too much about Soarers. I know they made a Lexus knockoff.....SC400 I think? Were any Soarers Supra powered?

They have N/A supra motors in them, same internal dimensions, a lot of guys throw supra internal in them and then turbo them. I looked at getting one instead of my DSM but it looked like too much work. I was reading a magazine once and a guy had gotten one of these into the 700hp range, called it the poor man's supra

16G_dsm
09-28-2009, 06:23 PM
They have N/A supra motors in them, same internal dimensions, a lot of guys throw supra internal in them and then turbo them. I looked at getting one instead of my DSM but it looked like too much work. I was reading a magazine once and a guy had gotten one of these into the 700hp range, called it the poor man's supra

Sorry but that's not true. Soarers have a totally different motor than the supra. A name supra still has a 3L engine where as a soarer came only in twin turbo 2.5L engines, hence the engine codes are different a soarer is a 1jz and a supra is a 2jz. Just to straighten that out. Not vein a dick haha

cantgo2fast
09-29-2009, 01:27 AM
Haha... a 1994 toyota soarer, otherwise known as a lexus sc300 here in america has a 3L inline-6 24 valve n/a motor, exactly the same as the 1994 toyota supra. A turbo supra has a 2jz-GTE engine a N/A supra has engine code 2jz-GE, the soarer has the same 2jz-GE engine in it. So the
2jz designation is not the imprtant part,

The 1jz-GTE engine designation is from the 1990-1992 toyota supra turbo, they did not make a n/a version of this motor in the US as far as i know. From 1986-1990 however, they made the 7M-GE and 7M-GTE, for the turbo and non turbo, supras and soarers respectively. I believe the n/a supras in the US after 1990 still got the 7M-GE motor

So if your referring to a pre-1994 soarer then yes it does have a different engine than a pre 1994 supra but since 1994 was the year they introduced the MKIV supra and the year it started sharing the platform with the soarer/sc300 any post 1994 soarer has a 2jz-GE engine.

Just to straigten that out...

I should also point out that I am speaking exclusively for US cars only they may have had different engine options in japan im not a JDM guy so i wouldnt know.

I do however commend your efforts to build a DSM to run these guys, it sounds like you have the right idea of where to start (6 bolt motor, AWD i assume)

16G_dsm
09-29-2009, 02:44 AM
U assume correct and on the soarer debuet we are both correct I was talking about jdm soarers and was unaware they when made an American soarer so sorry about the skwabbling haha.

vanilla gorilla
09-29-2009, 09:20 AM
since 1994 was the year they introduced the MKIV supra

1993.....my uncle had one.

16G_dsm
10-04-2009, 02:07 PM
scratch this project it can be deleted my buddy shut them up with a lightly modded gsx that me and my cousin helped put together afew days ago.... now i am going to try to keep up with the soarers with a turbo geo hahahaha 3 cylinder + 15psi = fun as shit to drive hahahaha

Add your comment to this topic!