Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

OIL Presure lamp flickering

bennyml
09-27-2009, 04:36 AM
Hi,

The car is passat 2000 1800L not turbo.
For time to time when i drive it the oil presure lamp flash for leas than a second and the turn off. It's happend only while driving and not when the engine is idle.

Anu idea what the problem is?

Franco2112
09-27-2009, 12:46 PM
First check your oil level. If ok and car is operating normally you need to replace your oil pressure sending unit. Get from VW. A $25 part.
Franco

bennyml
11-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Some updates:
I have replace the sending unit, the oil and the oil filter.
I didnt helped ans i realize that the problem is when i accelerate especialy when starting to climb.

Do you think it can relate to PCV valve that is open or missfunctiong?
Where i can find the pcv valve?

Franco2112
11-02-2009, 09:20 PM
No PCV. If it has no performance issues(engine noises, loss of power, CEL) the only others causes would be faulty oil pump or instrument cluster. Both are pricey parts so I would get a second opinion. Let me know how things turn out.
Franco

bennyml
11-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the replay.
I realized another issue that may be related.

When i stop the car the rpm goes very low (about 600) and then go up a litle. the problem with the oil is happening mostly after that.

any idea?

Franco2112
11-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Check for vacuum hose leaks. A bad MAF could also cause the fluctuating rpm speed. As you see it could be many items that cause this issue. The next thing I would recommend is the computer to be read with VAG-COM.

bennyml
11-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Regarding the rpm it was a vacuum hose leak, thanks.
I thing I found the sequence that cause the oil light. when i stand still and start to move and stop and then again (like in traffic jam) after the second time if i will accelerate the light will come on.
Does it ring any bell to you?
Can it still be the oil pump even if it does not happen when I am in neutral (event if I do the same start stop in neutral)?
I am waiting to get the vag com computer adapter so I will check the computer also

one more idea, do you think it can be foam in the oil that make the light turn on?

Franco2112
11-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Here is a read about low oil pressure. If any of these issues are also happening, see your mechanic to prevent further damage. http://www.aa1car.com/library/us1097.htm
Franco

Add your comment to this topic!