Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1997 Dodge Avenger with front end vibration

Thundr5
09-26-2009, 04:54 PM
1997 Dodge Avenger 6 cyl Front Automatic 66,000 miles

Hello there. I have a 1997 Dodge Avenger that I just recently put new tires on. They are 215/50/17 Uniroyal Tigerpaws, which replaced the Michelin Pilots that had been on the vehicle.

Since then, I've had a vibration problem. The wheels have been balanced twice, the alignment done twice as I had to replace the front stuts. My mechanic also went through the front end to check if anything was needed, as I know these cars had a recall on them for balljoints and control arms.

He says everything looks good. Still......it vibrates. It was never like that prior to the tire change.

I plan on checking the balance once more, as I'm suspecting a tire issue at this point.

What would your opinions be??

Thankyou.

Jim

91 bird
09-26-2009, 09:43 PM
i once got new tires on some extra rims. they had a vibration after balance. then got them balanced again, the shop person took me to the machine a pointed out that the rims were out of round. that could be a problem worth looking into. did they get damaged during the tire swap?

Thundr5
09-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Turns out the front left wheel is bent. I don't know if they did it during the tire swap, but I do know the car was fine prior to that.

Add your comment to this topic!