Dodge or Chevy Truck (Half Ton)

Godofwarmike
09-23-2009, 06:08 AM
Ok so im planning to but a truck

BUT

I cant really decide on Chevy, or Dodge 1995-2000 years

Dodge 360 5.9L Automatic always seemed to pull trailers easier than the Chevy 350 5.7L

Although without trailers the chevy seemed to be a little quicker and got better gas mileage.

Both worked great in the snow but the dodge seemed to warm up way faster than the chevy.

The dodge also seemed more reliable but the chevy was also cheaper to fix usually.

Dodge stopping vs Chevy stopping.... Dodge stopped way before chevy.

Im more leaning towards dodge but would like some honest opinions not my chevy could tow your dodge home in park. or my dodge always has to tow chevys. Dont care about drag races or any of that.

Im looking for:

Gas mileage, towing power (how hard it seems on the truck), reliablity, ability on snow, starting in cold weather, time to heat up... so on.

wafrederick
09-23-2009, 06:20 PM
The Chevy went through a body change in 1999 including an engine change size in the half ton trucks.The 5.7 was replaced with the 4.8 and 5.3.The 5.3 and 4.8 get better fuel mileage than the 5.7 engine.The 360 is a gas hog.The transmission in the Dodge holds up better.I repair more 4l60Es than Dodge transmissions,with the sunshells breaking.The 727 and 904 are bulletproof transmissions which do hold up

Godofwarmike
09-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Alright thanks

I actually think ill see if there are any good chevys in the area.

Worst comes to worst I can always sell it.

Shpuker
09-24-2009, 12:06 AM
My best advice is look into a 2500 diesel, you can get one for right around the same price and they have a ton more power and much better MPG

Add your comment to this topic!