Buying My First Car, Which One is Best?

Shpuker
09-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Alright, I'm buying my first car in March of 2010 and wanted to choose one in advance so I can find the best deal,
I have a price range of about $12,000
Would prefer an AWD but a good reliable RWD will do
Prefer a car
Reliability is my biggest concern
I want something that has a good amount of power to it and at least 20MPG
I want it to look good

So far my favorites are
-2000-2001 BMW 3 series
-Early 2000's Mustang GT

and I'd prefer not to drive a convertible, it gets kinda cold here

Ray paulsen
09-22-2009, 11:21 PM
I like your choices, and yes it's what every young person want's, but as a first car, should a beamer have issues down the road you better have a heavy wallet.

As for the GT , check with any Insurance company as for being your first car .........." OUCH that hurts "

Now, how about a Focus Hatchback on your budget, to start you off to a life of happy motoring ' lol "

akboss
09-23-2009, 09:05 AM
AWD = Subaru Impreza (WRX if you can find it for the price) or Legacy GT, bulletproof reliable and great drive system but hard on gas for the power.

RWD = Mustang. If you are open to a 4-door you could look at an early Cadillac CTS, Lincoln LS, or Crown Vic. If you consider FWD you could get an '05 Impala SS with the 3.8L supercharged V6 - the 2006 had the 5.3L V8, but might be a bit expensive.

Keep in mind the insurance–as an early driver, your monthly quote may seem like they don't want you on the road, it can end up being more than your car payment. Opting for a 4-door could give you more practicality, lots of power, and cheap insurance.

Shpuker
09-24-2009, 12:43 AM
AWD = Subaru Impreza (WRX if you can find it for the price) or Legacy GT, bulletproof reliable and great drive system but hard on gas for the power.

RWD = Mustang. If you are open to a 4-door you could look at an early Cadillac CTS, Lincoln LS, or Crown Vic. If you consider FWD you could get an '05 Impala SS with the 3.8L supercharged V6 - the 2006 had the 5.3L V8, but might be a bit expensive.

Keep in mind the insuranceľas an early driver, your monthly quote may seem like they don't want you on the road, it can end up being more than your car payment. Opting for a 4-door could give you more practicality, lots of power, and cheap insurance.

FWD isn't gona happen. but good advice

Shpuker
09-24-2009, 12:45 AM
And forgot to put this but in about 10-12 years this car is probaly gona get thrown onto the 1/4 mile track every weekend. so the focus, probaly not a good idea :D

Add your comment to this topic!