1984 944 fog lights

Nate.D
09-22-2009, 05:38 PM
i have a 1984 porsche 944 and the fog lights arent working when i got the car a few months back they werent working so im trying to fix them. i turn the fog lights on right(turn my head lights on than on the above the radio there is the switch and i hit it and the green light comes on) so i know i turned them on right they are just not working. should i put new bulbs in or what? i have noticed that one lens (on the fog lights) are chiprd and the other on its cranked a lilttle. so do you think its the bulb or the wires or what?

thanks,
Nate

FabricGATOR
10-26-2009, 02:50 AM
I would open the lights and look at the bulbs.... You should see a wire filament or it may be burned or missing.

Also, you could use a test light or multimeter to check the voltage at the socket with the lights on.

NOTE: When / if installing a new bulb, you may need to be careful not to touch the glass of the bulb if it is a halogen type bulb. Oils from your bare fingers will shorten the life of the bulb ( so they say ) so use a paper towel or something when installing. If you touch the bulb accidentally, alcohol may be used on a paper towel to clean the bulb. Careful if use alcohol on hot bulb.

I'm not sure, but you may get the green indicator light on the dash even if the fuse is blown or the relay is not working propper, so check the power at the light and proceed from there.

Bon Chance!

Add your comment to this topic!