Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tamiya EVO 5 WRC Parts

Evo5WRC98
09-22-2009, 07:08 AM
Hey guys I'm Nol, I'm new here but I've been a browser for well over a year and I love the stuff you guys are doing on here. I'm getting ready to build a Mitsubishi rally car. The kit is a Tamiya WRC Evolution VI 99, but I actually plan on building it as a V if I can locate some parts. I wanted to make it look like Freddi Loix's early 99 car. I basically need the bumpers (front and rear) and the wing. Any ideas where I can locate this stuff? I may even want to get some CF stuff and resin seats. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

blubaja
09-22-2009, 05:48 PM
http://www.hlj.com/product/TAM24203

Evo5WRC98
09-22-2009, 06:21 PM
HLJ has tendency to have nothing in stock, everything discontinued, or backordered. Besides I'm not looking for an entire kit, just the front and rear bumpers and rear spoiler.

blubaja
09-23-2009, 12:02 AM
Sorry. I thought you just weren't aware of the v kit. You can try getting spare parts through tamiya usa.

Evo5WRC98
09-23-2009, 06:48 AM
Sorry. I thought you just weren't aware of the v kit. You can try getting spare parts through tamiya usa.

Cool, yeah I'm aware of that kit, but I can't find a decal set for the Winfield Team from 98. That livery was only worn on the car for a few stages, but if were to build that particular kit, thats how I would do it. The Evo 6 WRC99 comes with the all the decals I need (which I couldn't find elsewhere). But I'm looking to find the front and rear bumpers and wing from the 5 to make the car Freddie Loix was driving in the start of the 99 season. If I can't do that then I'm going to look for decals to make Gigi Galli's old car.

I spoke to Tamiya USA and they said that because the kit is discontinued it may be difficult to source the sprue I need. They also said if they can get it it could 8 to 12 weeks to get it. LAME

drunken monkey
09-23-2009, 07:49 AM
Just so you know, you can order anything from hlj that is marked as grey (back-ordered). It doesn't usually take them more than a week to get hold of one.

Also, from what I gather, HLJ is also your best bet from getting hold of individual sprues/parts.
Posts here about Tamiya USA and replacement parts do not say good things.

yelo
09-23-2009, 04:34 PM
I just took a look at my Tamiya Lancer's EVO 5 and 6 WRC, what you need in fact is the front bumper and the spoiler parts, rear bumper is the same...

I got a Tamiya Evo 5 WRC that is missing some parts already, I plan to us it to make a time attack car, but under some conditions, I could send you the parts your looking for....

Send me a PM and we'll discuss about that:bigthumb:

Add your comment to this topic!