Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

100,305 miles and counting

AdVenture
09-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Not sure how much longer before the next thing goes. I just paid $900 dollars because I kept getting code 0302 cylinder #2 misfire. Four diff mechanics told me it was my fuel injectors. After spending $900 changing ALL 6 of the injectors the same symptoms appeared... SES light on, hesitation on passing vehicles, code 0302. I take it right back to him and what does he find? Fuel injector #2 "had low Ohms" going to it. He fixes that and she runs like a champ! So I just spent $900 I could have done other things with. Looking on the bright side..I got new injectors. So I'm in my driveway and I hear a high pitch metal on metal sound. What could that be? It was my A/C compressor's bearing wore out so I could see metal shavings. I take it back and $400 later no noise. I pick up the car drive it home there's a knocking under the car. Ok... now what could that be? That be my sway bar that rusted through and finally broke on the left side and the right side was cracked and ready to go too. So I take my butt down to the junk yard and pick up a sway bar for $50 bucks and Auto zone for the bolts and $70 later she's good. The car is a 99' and it was paid up since 04'. now I guess it's all replacing wear and tear items from this point on.

1/07’ Replaced Fuel Pump $300
6/07 Replaced Lower intake Manifold Gasket $400
4/08 Replaced Fuel Filter (Free from dealer)
4/08’ Replaced Catalytic converter $275
9/09 Replaced all 6 fuel injectors $900
9/09’ Replaced A/C Compressor $400
9/09’ Replaced broken Sway bar $76.00
9/09 Replace Head Lamps $150

The only thing that hasn't given me issues is my Transmission. I'll be stopping by my buddies place so he can give it a diagnostic test to check out it's condition. It seems like alot of money but the car's been paid up since 04'. So considering total cost of maintenance in the last 5 years it comes to $50 a month. That's better than a $400 per month payment for a new one. I posted this cause I know alot of people had the misfire code that just won't go away. I recommend before you have your mechanic change out your injectors have him check the power going to them first.

Add your comment to this topic!