Has anyone else noticed

Godofwarmike
09-17-2009, 04:18 AM
That dodge seems to be better quality than plymouth.

Im saying like:
Dodge Spirt vs Plymouth Acclaim
Dodge Neon vs Plymouth Neon

and so on.

it seems like the dodge version is more reliable than the plymouth version even though they are both pretty much the same. Same engine, transmission....

Im not saying for sure one is better it just seems that everyone i know with a plymouth version is always having problems while people with the dodge version spends a lot less time under the hood.

And I personally have owned both a dodge neon and a plymouth neon.
And I can say I spend 3x as much time under the hood of the plymouth as the dodge.

just my :2cents:

Stealthee
10-07-2009, 12:15 AM
That dodge seems to be better quality than plymouth.

Im saying like:
Dodge Spirt vs Plymouth Acclaim
Dodge Neon vs Plymouth Neon

and so on.

it seems like the dodge version is more reliable than the plymouth version even though they are both pretty much the same. Same engine, transmission....

Im not saying for sure one is better it just seems that everyone i know with a plymouth version is always having problems while people with the dodge version spends a lot less time under the hood.

And I personally have owned both a dodge neon and a plymouth neon.
And I can say I spend 3x as much time under the hood of the plymouth as the dodge.

just my :2cents:
Its just you. They are the EXACT same. Name plates doesn't make a car more or less reliable.

Alphabravo
11-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the assembly plant? Technically they are supposed to be the same vehicles, i.e. powertrain, frame, body panels, etc, right? But is there better QC in one plant over the other? Or are both nameplates assembled under one roof? Personally I haven't really noticed a difference, though.

Stealthee
11-16-2009, 03:55 PM
They are assembled in the same plant. The cars are identical.

Polygon
11-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Well, Plymouth was the budget line which meant that it had less amenities. However, mechanically they're the same. Perhaps the people that buy the cheaper of the two don't do such a great job taking care of them.

Stealthee
11-19-2009, 09:48 PM
I wouldn't even say Plymouth was a budget line. I had a Dodge Shadow and bought a Plymouth Sundance as a parts car and they were identical inside and out.

2000izusu
11-24-2009, 07:19 AM
could be perception? dodge was considered a step up in price when they were new! and plymouth was the stripper brand at the time! mike

Stealthee
11-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Perception is a huge factor.

Just like 3000GT's and Stealth's.

Some people think the 3000GT was better because it was more expensive and foreign. Others think the Stealth was better because it has an American nameplate, even though it also was built in Japan.

The fact remains the cars are indetical, minus a few body panels, and experience the same problems or lack thereof across the board.

Add your comment to this topic!