Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

power door lock ?

oldblu65
09-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Two days ago , the power door lock ( on the passenger side door ) of my wife's 2000 Impala LS stopped working . The lock can still be operated manually but the main switch ( on the driver's door ) as well as the single switch ( on the passenger door ) does not activate the locking mechanism . Also , the key fob unlocking and locking function does not have any effect on the mentioned lock's operation . All the other locks work normally . Is this a relay problem or ...what ? Anyone have a similar experience ?

jjchevy
07-18-2012, 07:15 PM
i am having crazy problems with my 2008 lacross doorlocks actuatora on all doors are working half the time started with passenger front now that one doesnt move with button or fob at all every other is hit or miss it is driving me nuts.

gmtech1
07-18-2012, 09:47 PM
The door lock actuators on these things are crap. I have had some vehicles where the customer came in to get one replaced, and while it was in the shop another one died. Have had to replace 4 at a time on some. The actuautor cpmes with the door latch assy.

Tech II
07-19-2012, 11:11 AM
I think there is a big difference between a 2000 Impala and 2008 LaCross.....I think the Lacross uses the BCM to control the actuators, which in this case, all are affected at the same time.....may be wrong, but i'm too lazy to look up the schematics....

Add your comment to this topic!